We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea Watch Plantation and Seawatch Resort??

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
126 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Sea Watch Plantation and Seawatch Resort??

What is the difference between the two? I saw this question posted a few months ago but no one answered. And I'm trying to figure out the same thing. I'm guessing it's just a different part of the same resort? But what gets me is that the Seawatch Resort is rated much higher on TA than Sea Watch Plantation. Thanks for the help!

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea Watch Plantation and Seawatch Resort??

Sea Watch Resort is a resort owned by the Vacation Myrtle Beach Group, they own around 10 MB hotels/resorts.

Sea Watch Plantation in owned by Wyndham and is a Timeshare Resort.

They are not next to each other.

Gary

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
126 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea Watch Plantation and Seawatch Resort??

Thanks for the info Gary. Their address is 151 and 161 Sea Watch Dr, so I am guessing they are REALLY close?

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sea Watch Plantation and Seawatch Resort??

Fingers typing faster than brain working and what I was thinking, the word 'not should not have been in the post, although they are next to each other, they are two different places

Gary

new hampshire
Level Contributor
312 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sea Watch Plantation and Seawatch Resort??

I was trying to figure out the same thing. From what I have been able to gather, Seawatch Plantation is the "timeshare" portion of the resort. If you do an exchange into the resort you will stay at teh 151 address. The 161 address are the privately owned condos. But from my understanding they all have access to the same amenities. The two towers (north and south) at 161 are ocean front and the villas at 151 are sort of behind them. Hope this helps.

Poughkeepsie, NY
Level Contributor
178 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sea Watch Plantation and Seawatch Resort??

I've stayed at Sea Watch twice. Once before I became a Wyndam owner and once after. Both times I was in the South Tower. As an owner, you can choose to stay in one of the towers (not that they let you choose North or South) or a Villa, depending on the amount of points you have. I am not sure how they designate the address.

6. Re: Sea Watch Plantation and Seawatch Resort??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2013, 05:18