We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elliott Beach Rentals

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
133 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Elliott Beach Rentals

Experiences? Good/Bad? Thinking of renting a unit from there i found on VRBO.

New Hartford, New...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,053 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Elliott Beach Rentals

This is discussed a lot on this forum. Type in Elliott in Myrtle Beach forums box above.

North Myrtle Beach...
Level Contributor
81 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Elliott Beach Rentals

Elliott Beach Rentals is a very reputable property management company in North Myrtle Beach, with an office in Myrtle Beach as well.

I've heard some horror stories, and I've also heard a lot of really positive experiences. On this forum, you'll get mixed responses - as with ANY vacation rental management company.

Given the subjective nature of the industry, I think you need to reference multiple sources to get an accurate overview of their business.

Elliott is just one of 40+ different property management companies along the Grand Strand.

These are all good places to do some research: Yelp, Google Plus, BBB, VRMA Directory, TripAdvisor Forums, Check their Facebook Page and see how they are currently interacting with people and what others have said about them.

Also, do a quick search on Google for "Elliott Realty Reviews" and variations of their business name.

Hope this helps!

Edited: 14 February 2013, 14:16
long island ny
Level Contributor
199 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Elliott Beach Rentals

For our honeymoon 5 yrs ago we rented a condo in NMB from Elliott and only issue was the pool wasn't maintained. It was a small group of condos and only had 2 families vacationing there in May.

The condo had a few minor problems but one call and they were all taken care of asap.

This year we are going back and rented from VRBO, needed a big house as our DD,SIL and 8 Gks are joining us.

Have used VRBO for Fl. Keys, St. Thomas and St.John USVI and again had a great experience with them.

Depends on who has what you're looking for.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Elliott Beach Rentals

When you find a problem with the exterior of a rental condo, it will not be the rental agencies fault. Condo complexes have property management companies that take care of the property. So blaming Elliott for a pool problem is like blaming McDonalds that you had a bad hamburger from Burger King. You can call the rental company and they will pass the info on, but it isn't the rental agencies responsibility to check condo pools as part of their routine maintenance. Nor are they responsible for the elevator not working. EVERY elevator/or condo lobby should have a phone number to call for the PROPERTY MANAGEMENT company. And renting from a VRBO can certainly save a few dollars but can open up a whole nother can of worms. What if you get there and the condo/house has been trashed-you have paid your money to an individual 1000 miles away and you have no where to stay and many times no recourse to get your money back. VRBO's have good and bad just like rental agencies.

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,297 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Elliott Beach Rentals

I agree with Hart1 in that there are advantages to either way of booking. Just do your homework before using either one. As an owner who self rents, I try to make lasting arrangements and get to "know" my guests and try to build a repeat business. Must be doing something right as I have already booked all summer of 2013 with the exception of one week in July. Nine of the twelve summer weeks are booked to returning guests. Do your checking and if you find something that proves out and you really like it, try to make continuing arrangements and know exactly what you are getting every time.

6. Re: Elliott Beach Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2014, 00:15