We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pier near 100 block of ocean blvd and fishing

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Pier near 100 block of ocean blvd and fishing

Can you fish off of this pier? At night too? How much would it cost for a day or a few hours? I think we might especially like to fish in the evening or at night. Should we bring our own poles? Are renting poles expensive, and do they even rent them out? My boyfriend and I love fishing and I think we'd have a blast fishing in the ocean. We will be flying into MB, and will not have a car, so I was intrested in this pier because it will be within walking distance of where we are staying. THANKS for any information!!

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,459 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pier near 100 block of ocean blvd and fishing

We used to vacation in that area before we moved here! A little place called Pier View....which is being converted over to condos now....so sad! but anyway...yes, you can fish off that pier, or watch some of the old timers fish! Great little restaurant right there on the pier, good sweet tea! This info should help:

Second Avenue Pier, 110 N. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach. 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.; may stay open a little later on the weekends.

50-cent walking fee. Fishing pass $7. (843)626-8480.

Hope you catch the big one!

:)

Myrtle Beach, SC
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pier near 100 block of ocean blvd and fishing

The Pier View is no longer there, but the Lighthouse Motel, located directly in front of the pier, offers free fishing and walking on the pier to their guests. 1-866-860-5659. Second Avenue Pier is a great place for the family and has a restaurant and gift shop as well!!! The walking fee is now $1 and fishing is $7 if you have your own equipment.

3. Re: Pier near 100 block of ocean blvd and fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 18:18