We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Days Inn by Wyndham South - Filthy Pigsty

4 posts
1 review
Days Inn by Wyndham South - Filthy Pigsty

DON'T STAY, DON'T GO NEAR THIS PIGSTY!

First of to start off I want to say that my wife and I are experienced travellers. We've stayed at many accommodations. We had a bad experience with a Days Inn in Pocomoke, VA years ago with our children and vowed never to stay there again. However, my sister was moving to Florida and needed a place to stay; Orangeburg, SC was a convenient place for her route so after reading reviews and looking at pictures I made a reservation for her. Upon her arrival she called me, as my wife and I had requested her to do, to let us know she arrived safely. She said the hotel looked sketchy, in a sketchy area. I called her later and she said it was ok to sleep in for a night but that there was a blood stain on the couch in the room. She is a RN, has been for years, so recognized it for what it was.

Fast forward to the next day. She called when she arrived at her new home to let us know she had arrived. I asked how the night in the motel had gone; she stated she had woke up at 1am to use the bathroom and when going into the bathroom bugs were scurrying across the sink and counter. Upon using the toilet paper, there were additional bugs inside the roll. At that point she got dressed, made sure there were no bugs in her clothes, checked out and started driving. I asked if she had complained at the desk, she said no, she just wanted out of there. Typical for my sister, she doesn't like to complain at ALL.

I called the hotel, s/w a manager "Kenny". When I told him what a dump and pigsty his hotel was, he denied it stating "that room has been rented out in the past 30 days and that is impossible." I told him I didn't care how many people he had suckered into staying there, it was dirty, filthy and a pigpen. He hung up on me. My sister called a little while later and told me that "Kenny" had called her and stated he had refunded the money for the room.

I called corporate in Parsippany, NJ. I related what a filthy mess the hotel was and the problems my sister had encountered. I told them that they should be ashamed to have this hotel under their corporate brand. They asked me to have HER call them! I asked them to call her and offered her phone number; customer service agent stated she wasn't permitted to do that. NO CONCERN by this company.

I WILL NEVER, EVER stay a another Days Inn, or Wyndham property, or ever make reservations for one again. I would sooner sleep in my car!

2 replies to this topic
Decatur, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12,730 posts
174 reviews
58 helpful votes
1. Re: Days Inn by Wyndham South - Filthy Pigsty

Did you write a review here on TA? Your comments will soon be buried in the forum.

Easley, South...
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
2. Re: Days Inn by Wyndham South - Filthy Pigsty

Don't know that property, but I would avoid Orangeburg itself.

Reply to: Days Inn by Wyndham South - Filthy Pigsty
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Orangeburg
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of in . If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.