We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a Restaurant Open Sundays in Congaree NP Area

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
115 posts
107 reviews
86 helpful votes
Need a Restaurant Open Sundays in Congaree NP Area

Hi, we're traveling on a Sunday from a Residence Inn south of Charlotte, NC, to the Congaree Creek Heritage Preserve south of Columbia, SC, where we'll hike for an hour or so, and then spend 2-3 hours in Congaree NP. I have been searching for a sit-down place, not greasy, that's open Sunday, and I'm starting to believe we should pack a picnic, although that's not terribly practical for just two people. (I'd need a whole loaf of bread, for example.) Any ideas? Thanks so much!

2 replies to this topic
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
14,645 posts
45 reviews
34 helpful votes
1. Re: Need a Restaurant Open Sundays in Congaree NP Area

The best restaurant in Orangeburg (Four Moons) is not open on Sunday. It looks as if your best bet are the restaurants off of Exit 145 (Hwy 601). There's nothing fancy, but there is a Cracker Barrel, Ruby Tuesday and Fatz Cafe.

Your other option is to go to a grocery store in Charlotte or Columbia and get some of the deli options and have the picnic you mentioned.

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,568 posts
9 reviews
12 helpful votes
2. Re: Need a Restaurant Open Sundays in Congaree NP Area

There's a Panera bread Company on Garner's Ferry in Columbia. They have nice sandwiches and I think they are open on Sunday.

Reply to: Need a Restaurant Open Sundays in Congaree NP Area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Orangeburg
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of in . If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.