We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rushmore Mt.

Atlit, Israel
Level Contributor
73 posts
4 reviews
Rushmore Mt.

Hello we are 5 good friends at the age of 23-24, and we are going to rent a RV in Denver and to end in L.A

We really want to see Rushmore Mt.

and to cantinue to Yellowstone.

Is it really worth to visit Rushmore or should we need to go from Denver direct to Yellowstone.

Is there something to do there except see this site?

Is there places to park the RV?

How many days do you recommend us to be there?

7 replies to this topic
Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
15,116 posts
125 reviews
1. Re: Rushmore Mt.

Mount Rushmore is located in the Black Hills of South Dakota. Assuming you plan to make this trip in the summer, you will find more activities and attractions in this area, plus Badlands National Park, than you can hope to see/do in a week.

I suggest you check the South Dakota tourism website for some ideas. They will even send you a free travel guide.

https://www.travelsouthdakota.com/

Atlit, Israel
Level Contributor
73 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Rushmore Mt.

I will be there in April.

Is that good enough?

We don't want be there so long.

Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
6,398 posts
61 reviews
3. Re: Rushmore Mt.

April is not an ideal time to visit either area (Yellowstone or the Black Hills). Weather can certainly be a factor. Snow is a real possibility, Not all Black Hills attractions will be open.

I would really rethink visiting these areas during this time of year, or just have plenty of flexibility that you can head to warmer areas if needed.

Atlit, Israel
Level Contributor
73 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Rushmore Mt.

Thank you. Is it more historical or nature?

Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
6,398 posts
61 reviews
5. Re: Rushmore Mt.

Yellowstone is more nature. The Black Hills is a nice combination of the two, as you have the natural beauty of the monuments, along with the history behind the sculptures. You have the nature of Custer State Park, and nature/history of the caves with their formations.

Tinley Park...
Level Contributor
351 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Rushmore Mt.

I'm going to the area in SD in June. PERFECT time to go!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
65 reviews
7. Re: Rushmore Mt.

I went there in July twenty five years ago! That and the bad lands were a great trip...

Reply to: Rushmore Mt.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted