We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pennington Rapid City

Which Rapid City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Pennington Rapid City

We shall be visiting Pennington, Rapid City in July 2012. Can anyone recommend where to stay and where to eat t? we shall be spending probably 2 nights there.

We shall be visiting the Mountain View Cemetery so would like to be in drivable distance. Thanks

Margaret

Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
5,591 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pennington Rapid City

Hi Margaret,

You will be visiting Rapid City, which is in Pennington County in South Dakota. Here's a listing of the closest hotels near the cemetery:

tvtrip.com/pnhx2BW-hotels-near-mountain-view…

As you will see, there are several less than 2 miles. I'd suggest taking a look at the reviews on this site to find the highest rated one. To that end, it looks like the Comfort Suites, which is #1 rated in Rapid, is less than 2miles from the cemetery. It might be worth a look. If you are looking for a more in-town location, some like the Hotel Alex Johnson for its character. It's rated #15 but is also not far from your point of interest.

As a disclaimer, I have not stayed in Rapid City. I prefer to stay outside the city in the more rural areas, such as Keystone or Hill City. However, it sounds like you may be on family business and have an interest in being close by to Mountain View.

As for eating, the Firehouse in Rapid City gets good reviews. If you are looking to drive a little, I highly recommend the Alpine Inn in Hill City or any of the lodges in Custer State Park

Have a good trip.

Rapid City, South...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pennington Rapid City

For some great advice, suggestions and itineraries for your trip here to Rapid City I would definitly check out: www.visitrapidcity.com - Here you can find what to do, where to stay and where to eat. Rapid City is central to all of the attractions in the Black Hills and sarrounding areas, so it is a short drive to any destination.

London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pennington Rapid City

Going back over my original question on Pennington I am sorry that my second post on the forum to send my thanks, and acknowledge Erika and Sirtravelplan posts, doesn't appear to have been posted on the forum?

I really appreciated your messages on the S Dakota forum and the helpful advice and recommendations you gave.

Really looking forward to our visit in the summer.

Thanks once again

Regards

Malshie

4. Re: Pennington Rapid City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2013, 05:30