We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for little kids and resteraunts

Saint Cloud...
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for little kids and resteraunts

We are planning to make a mini trip to Sioux falls from the twin cities. We will be there 2 days and plan to do the zoo and the falls. I have read about the butterfly house. Any other suggestions? Our kids are 7,3 and 1. As much as my oldest loves to swim hes not super into water parks he gets quite nervous. Also any suggestions on where to eat. Thank you!

2 replies to this topic
Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
1 post
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for little kids and resteraunts

Depending on what you are looking for to eat when you are here, there is one McDonald on East 26th street that has an indoor play area. It's fun to eat and take the kids there to play for something different. If you are looking for "Nicer" places to eat, Pizza Ranch in Tea, SD is the best one around. They have chicken fries, pizza, salad, chicken, mac and cheese, ice cream, potatoes and gravy, green beans, corn and so much more. Plus they have a little arcade in the back for the kids to play at.

Chuck e cheese is always a big hit with our kids, but can get busy with birthday parties, there is skyzone- indoor jump park, thunder road (mini golf and go carts) Butterfly house is great because they have the sertoma park and outdoor campus right there. It is a little $$ at the butterfly house but I think it's worth it in the winter especially. If your kids are not water park types then wild water west is probably out, but there are always discount ticket options in the evenings and at local gas stations for the full day.

Edited: 09 July 2017, 16:23
South Dakota
Level Contributor
12 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for little kids and resteraunts

I would second Pizza Ranch in Tea for the kids. The arcade is always fun for kids and the cactus bread (dessert pizza) is usually a kid favorite, too. The food isn't very good otherwise. If you're in Tea, the Tea Pool is really nice. It has two slides and a splash zone. The pool doesn't get over 5' deep and there aren't many big kids there, so maybe your oldest would like it. Definitely make time to play at Sertoma Park and check out the Outdoor Campus while you're at the Butterfly House. The Washington Pavilion and Kirby Science Center would also be fun for the kids. The Original Pancake House is the best place to get breakfast in town. It's a little bit spendy, but definitely worth it. Phillips Avenue Diner is also very good.

Mentioned in this post
Washington Pavilion
Washington Pavilion
168 Reviews
Sioux Falls, SD
Phillips Avenue Diner
Phillips Avenue Diner
653 Reviews
Sioux Falls, SD
Reply to: Suggestions for little kids and resteraunts
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sioux Falls