We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park for kids

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
62 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Park for kids

I am planning on stopping for a picnic lunch on our way from Iowa to Wyoming. I have been to Falls Park and know it is nice. However, I don't remember any playground equipment there and would like my kids to be able to run off a little energy. Could you suggest a nice park for a picnic AND play?

South Dakota
Level Contributor
4,552 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Park for kids

Well, hopefully the OP is a helicopter parent and will watch them closely at the falls. :) Two drownings in eastern SD this year involving kids falling off fishing docks of all things. Makes this momma nervous.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,172 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Park for kids

yeah and hopefully no more mom/daughter/bison selfies as there were in Yellowstone this week. We saw tons at Custer State Park. Common sense really goes a long way. Safety is important.

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
62 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Park for kids

I hadn't been on here since I made my decision for Falls Park! I am so surprised by all responses! We did stop and my kids had a blast climbing and jumping off rocks into the grass in the picnic area, away from the water. We did walk over and throw some rocks in the water at a flat, sandy area by the upper falls. I am definitely more helicopter parent than not (especially when water is anywhere near) and no, a broken ankle on vacation does not sound fun, just as my seven year old breaking her arm the day before we went to Florida was not fun. :) Luckily it was not an issue this time. Now, to figure out our stops for the treck back home. Thanks again!

South Dakota
Level Contributor
4,552 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Park for kids

Glad you had a nice time and the rest of your trip goes well.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,172 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Park for kids

Glad you had a good stop there and hope the rest of the trip goes well.

16. Re: Park for kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2017, 18:18
Get answers to your questions about Sioux Falls