We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Advice near Sioux Falls Park

Pewaukee, Wisconsin
11 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Advice near Sioux Falls Park

We will be stopping in Sioux Falls for 1 night on our way home to Wisconsin. I would love advice on a good hotel choice near the Falls.

South Dakota
Level Contributor
4,552 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Advice near Sioux Falls Park

The Falls are basically downtown. The three hotels I know of in the downtown area (that you would want to stay in, that is) are: Hilton Garden, Holiday Inn City Center and Country Inn.

Of these three, my order of preference would be:

1. Hilton Garden (there are two locations in town, make sure you get the downtown location). It's rather new.

2. Holiday Inn City Center. Old Holiday Inn, but still a bit upscale. Kind of a high-rise type of building.

3. Country Inn and Suites. This one has always gotten iffy reviews. A common complaint was a damp smell (it's right by the river- not sure if that has anything to do with it). I also believe it's being remodeled.

If you're OK with staying outside the downtown area, the Fairfield by Marriott's airport location (there are two Fairfields) is also very new. It's on the north end of town, so it's not terribly far from the Falls. Downside is there's only one restaurant nearby.

The bulk of the nicer hotels in Sioux Falls are on the south end just off I-29, which isn't going to be convenient for getting to the falls. There are some lower-level chains just off I-90 on the Cliff Avenue exit, which is also convenient, but it would depend on what you're willing to tolerate.

South Dakota
Level Contributor
12 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Advice near Sioux Falls Park

The Hilton Garden Inn downtown will be your best bet. It's only a short distance from Falls Park (you could walk if you wanted to) and it's newer and therefore still nice. I would avoid the Holiday Inn City Center. It's old and dirty.

Pewaukee, Wisconsin
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Advice near Sioux Falls Park

Thanks for your advice.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Advice near Sioux Falls Park

There is the HIlton Garden and Holiday Inn. Any other hotel I would be very leery of staying at near Falls Park.

5. Re: Hotel Advice near Sioux Falls Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2017, 12:15
Get answers to your questions about Sioux Falls