We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year in Staffin

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
1 helpful vote
New Year in Staffin

I am thinking of spending a week over New Year in Staffin with my family including 3 teenagers. Will any pubs, restaurants, attractions be open in December?

5 replies to this topic
UK
Level Contributor
396 posts
20 reviews
18 helpful votes
1. Re: New Year in Staffin

No commercial attractions in Staffin at any time. And only one Hotel/pub as far as I know: http://www.hotelintheskye.co.uk/the-flodigarry-hotel/

Ian.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
1 helpful vote
2. Re: New Year in Staffin

Thanks! I realise that Staffin is a small village, I really meant whether there was anything open on Skye in the winter? I am concerned that everything closes in December and January!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
49,842 posts
11 reviews
5,821 helpful votes
3. Re: New Year in Staffin

There will still be pubs and restaurants open in Portree, Uig, Broadford, Sleat, Kyleakin etc. so plenty of places still open.

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
11,742 posts
828 reviews
976 helpful votes
4. Re: New Year in Staffin

Lots open.Usually a bit of a shutdown after mid Jan in my experience but google restaurants to check.E.g. Sea Breezes, Sligachan Hotel, Flodigarry, Old Schoolhouse, Steinn Inn, Cafe Arriba Three Chimneys, Isle Ornsay Hotel,Plenty more listed on tripadvisor.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
49,842 posts
11 reviews
5,821 helpful votes
5. Re: New Year in Staffin

Just a reply to Scotlandmacs post...... after the end of October or early November, Sea Breezes will be closed as will the Sligachan, Cafe Arriba will be on very restricted hours. The Old Schoolhouse will also be closed from around the 20th of December until March. Although as I posted earlier there will still be quite a few places open ;-)

Reply to: New Year in Staffin
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Staffin
Recent Conversations
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.