We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glengarry Castle Hotel, Invergarry, Highlands

Which Invergarry hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort William...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Glengarry Castle Hotel, Invergarry, Highlands

As I am lucky enough to live only the other end of Loch Oich I have to mention that this Hotel is really one of the best Highland "Secrets". If you do not have time to stay or are staying within the Loch Ness area go for Afternoon Tea - it is just devine! Three tier cake stands with the most wonderful selection of home made cakes and goodies, dainty sandwiches and all you could possibly wish for in comfort, style and value, all in a truly remarkable and lovely setting.

Glasgow
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Glengarry Castle Hotel, Invergarry, Highlands

I am planning my first trip ever to Loch Ness and Inverness area. Any other suggestions for places to see and stay?

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
44 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glengarry Castle Hotel, Invergarry, Highlands

We're staying at Glengarry 18-27 July. While there, my wife wants to shop for Scottish/Irish linen. Any suggestions as to shops and their location(s)?

Besidses, Loch Ness, Killoden Battle Field, any other sites you can suggest?

This wil be our 2nd visit to Scotland. 1st was Sept 06, stayed at Ethie Castle in Abroath.

Thasnks,

George Burk

Scottsdale, AZ

Spean Bridge...
Level Contributor
95 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Glengarry Castle Hotel, Invergarry, Highlands

Hello George

Invergarry is about 20 minutes drive to Spean Bridge. Here we have a really good woolen mill shop and weaving mill display. The cafe also sells Costa coffee!

Across the road from it is the Highland Soap shop which I am sure your wife will appreciate. They make their own soaps.

After that why not enjoy one of the many woodland walks in the area.

Enjoy your holiday

Peter

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
44 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Glengarry Castle Hotel, Invergarry, Highlands

Hello Peter,

Thank you for your reply and the information.

Sounds like something my wife & I would like to see. If you think of any other suggestions..i.e specific sites, old castles, etc, please let me know.

Thank you.

George Burk

scottsdale, az

www.georgeburk.com

5. Re: Glengarry Castle Hotel, Invergarry, Highlands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 15:16
Get answers to your questions about Invergarry