We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The dock cottage on Barry docks

5 posts
The dock cottage on Barry docks
Save

I’m looking for a photo of the Cottage on Barry docks it was situated opposite the duck pond which was at the Cardiff road entrance just before you got to number 2 dock on the right hand side, any help in this search would be great fully received.

Gareth layer

8 replies to this topic
Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
48,192 posts
103 reviews
425 helpful votes
1. Re: The dock cottage on Barry docks
Save

A friend of mine and the family have lived in Barry all their lives, so I sent her a message. Of course you know Barry dock is no longer as it was up to the end of 70th. I lived in Barry mid 80th and I don't remember any such cottage, but then again, I rarely went to the docks area.

If she can help I will let you know.

5 posts
2. Re: The dock cottage on Barry docks
Save

Thank you very much I used to live at 502 Gladstone road and next door but one my friend Martin stokes lived at 498 his grandma and aunt lived in the cottage we used to spend all our time off from school on the docks and used to visit his grandma all the time I left Barry in 1972 and the cottage was still there but I visit Martin regularly and we visit the docks on my return to reminisce the site has been flattened and is just a big open space. I just would like to find a photo frame it and give it to Martin as a memento.

Regards Gareth Layer

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,083 posts
7 reviews
3 helpful votes
3. Re: The dock cottage on Barry docks
Save

try https://www.britainfromabove.org.uk/en/search?keywords=barry%20docks&country=global&year=all&view=grid&page=1 if you register for a free login id you can download and zoom into the photos, mostly 30's and 40s but you might find the cottage in there somewhere.

this lot have pictures of Barry but possibly not the area you want https://www.francisfrith.com/barry/photos and if they have anything do you have to buy them to get the version without overstamp.

5 posts
4. Re: The dock cottage on Barry docks
Save

Thank you very much

Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
48,192 posts
103 reviews
425 helpful votes
5. Re: The dock cottage on Barry docks
Save

Lol, and I lived in Everard Street, which was just up from your address!

5 posts
6. Re: The dock cottage on Barry docks
Save

I know Everard st we used to play around those streets in the sixties wen did you live there and wats your name

Gareth

Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
48,192 posts
103 reviews
425 helpful votes
7. Re: The dock cottage on Barry docks
Save

I lodged with people in Everard in the mid 80th when I studied at Cardiff Uni...so a long time after you left. But made a number of friends, and some of them still live in Barry, now up overlooking the Cold Knap.

5 posts
8. Re: The dock cottage on Barry docks
Save

👍

Reply to: The dock cottage on Barry docks
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Barry
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.