We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info re Barry Island Premier Inn

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
425 posts
56 reviews
24 helpful votes
Info re Barry Island Premier Inn
Save

I've seen an excellent rate for the Premier Inn in Barry Island for a short break during October Half Term. The location seems like a great base for exploring Cardiff Bay, St Fagans etc and is much cheaper than central Cardiff. However, I can't find any reviews online. I'm aware that it's a new build so that may explain the lack of reviews. I'm just a bit worried that building work might still be taking place when we're there though! Can anyone give me any information about progress with the Premier Inn and the Brewers Fayre next door - when did it open, are the builders still on site etc? Many thanks in advance.

3 replies to this topic
Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
425 posts
56 reviews
24 helpful votes
1. Re: Info re Barry Island Premier Inn
Save

I phoned the main Premier Inn customer services no and they told me that the Bsrry Island inn is opening for the first time this Mon 8th Oct. They also confirmed that there would be no builders on site after Mon. We've taken the plunge and booked in!

Neath Port Talbot...
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
3 helpful votes
2. Re: Info re Barry Island Premier Inn
Save

Hello,

the site officially opened for business yesterday, Monday 8th October.I attended a preview evening last week and it is fabulous. The restaurant is beautiful, fab food and great service. The premier inn next door is a great place to stay and their all you can eat buffet brekfast is amazing.Hope you enjoy.

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
425 posts
56 reviews
24 helpful votes
3. Re: Info re Barry Island Premier Inn
Save

Thank you for your reply PeterB239 - it's great to hear that you had a good experience. We're looking forward to our trip!

Reply to: Info re Barry Island Premier Inn
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Barry
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.