We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accessible

Barry, United...
6 posts
Accessible
Save

I think trip advisor should add a category for accessible holidays, restaurants, hotels. etc. I am a wheelchair user and find along with other wheelchair users I kn ow that we have to look for venues which are accessible etc. because there aren't many places that offer this facility. In this day and age where more Disabled People are going out to enjoy themselves (and I just don't mean by disabled people, wheelchair users , there are more with invisible illnesses and dietary needs ) that may welcome this facility. What say others?

6 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
8,154 posts
81 reviews
101 helpful votes
1. Re: Accessible
Save

There's a separate forum for this type of suggestion - the "Help us make Trip Advisor Better" forum (HUMTAB) - a similar suggestion on there with some interesting responses :

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i12104-k7864591-Handicapped-Help_us_make_TripAdvisor_better.html

southwales
Level Contributor
806 posts
22 reviews
12 helpful votes
2. Re: Accessible
Save

Have you seen the "Travelling with Disabilities" forum? It may have some useful information.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g1-i12336-Traveling_With_Disabilities.html

Barry, United...
6 posts
3. Re: Accessible
Save

Thanks wasn't aware of it . Paul

Barry, United...
6 posts
4. Re: Accessible
Save

Mind the more I think on it .it should be combined with all forums not separated.

Boston...
Level Contributor
6 posts
44 reviews
20 helpful votes
5. Re: Accessible
Save

I am trying to figure out how to plan travel for/with my parents, who are sometimes on walkers; Mom uses a wheelchair for distances. Trying to find information about what is even possible is incredibly difficult. I would love to see for EVERY destination a set of information about traveling to that location with limited mobility.

Boston...
Level Contributor
6 posts
44 reviews
20 helpful votes
6. Re: Accessible
Save

That was helpful. Thank you. I wish they were taking new posts on it, however. I understand that different people and places use the term "accessible" in a great variety of ways, so it's hard to determine. I wonder if it would be possible to have a subsection for each place called "travelers' comments on accessibility" or something of that sort. Anything would be better than nothing.

Reply to: Accessible
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Barry
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.