We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barry Docks

Wisbech, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
4 helpful votes
Barry Docks
Save

My wives maiden name was Hall, she seems to remember her Grandfather & Father had some connection with Barry Docks,We are coming to Barry later in the year to see if we can find any thing about her ancestors, where they lived etc.I was hoping you might have some information about the docks or family.

If you have any info I would be grateful if you could e-mail me to give us a start.

C Bracking

3 replies to this topic
Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
48,192 posts
103 reviews
425 helpful votes
1. Re: Barry Docks
Save

The only contribution I can make is that you won't find the docks, industrial as they were, in Barry any more..all leisure facilities, shops, and flats.....

Wisbech, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
4 helpful votes
2. Re: Barry Docks
Save

Thanks for your reply,much as we suspected hope we enjoy our trip anyway

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
2,630 posts
172 reviews
111 helpful votes
3. Re: Barry Docks
Save

I used to live in Barry. When I was there the docks were still quite active, but nowhere near their heyday. One point that I sort of remember is that 'Barry Docks' also referred to that part of the town centre that was closest to the docks themselves. This was actually the 'downtown' with the town hall, bus station etc. Barry itself was at the other end of town, more towards Barry Island, and was another shopping area. .

Reply to: Barry Docks
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Barry
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.