We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pubs

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
57 reviews
47 helpful votes
Pubs
Save

Are there any pubs in town suitable for 4 older blokes to stay overnight before doing the rail trail.

5 replies to this topic
Geelong...
Destination Expert
for Geelong, Great Ocean Road
Level Contributor
9,132 posts
50 reviews
18 helpful votes
1. Re: Pubs
Save

Google is a great friend and so is wotif.com, bookings.com and hotels.com.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
935 posts
22 reviews
9 helpful votes
2. Re: Pubs
Save

Hello

Yes there are 3 pubs and a motel in Mansfield. I stayed at the Commercial Hotel for a night but that was 40 years ago. These days I think the motel would be the best option.

Cheers

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
57 reviews
47 helpful votes
3. Re: Pubs
Save

Thanks, I shall check them out. There's no mention of them on the official GreatVictorianRailTrail.com website. The places mentioned are more upmarket types like BnBs. I definitely prefer the old pub atmosphere.

Mansfield, Australia
1 post
4. Re: Pubs
Save

Hello! At the Delatite Hotel we have rooms with shared bathrooms (upstairs) that would be the perfect spot for you to start your rail trail holiday. If you need to leave a vehicle here in Mansfield whilst you ride we have a locked secure courtyard (off street) and we also have secure bicycle storage. Please check our webpage www.thedelatitehotel.com.au or call on 57752004

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
57 reviews
47 helpful votes
5. Re: Pubs
Save

Thanks Dean. If we decide to drive down the day before we might just take you up on that offer.

I shall speak to the boys.

Reply to: Pubs
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mansfield
Recent Conversations
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.