We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how has Marysville after the fires a couple of years back

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
197 posts
6 reviews
2 helpful votes
how has Marysville after the fires a couple of years back
Save

Hi thinking on suprising my parents for a 2 night retreat at the Vibe Hotel in Marysville but I was wondering Hows the bushland around Marysville after the fires a couple of years back

4 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
935 posts
22 reviews
9 helpful votes
1. Re: how has Marysville after the fires a couple of years back
Save

Hello

As is expected the bush regenerates well after a fire. Not as dense as it was before but very green. You can get a better view of Stevenson Falls because of the fire.

Cheers

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
9,724 posts
27 reviews
93 helpful votes
2. Re: how has Marysville after the fires a couple of years back
Save

An American travel agent friend spent a couple of days at the Vibe last year - she was very impressed. I've asked her to pass on any other comments she might have.

Our bush, like our people, is very resilient & regenerates & re-establishes remarkably well. The bush needs rain - the towns & villages need visitors to help their economy recover.

Those fires were in February, 2009.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
9,724 posts
27 reviews
93 helpful votes
3. Re: how has Marysville after the fires a couple of years back
Save

Here's what my friend said:

I love what little I saw of Marysville - the Vibe was EXCELLENT....very open, airy and the food was great.

We got in at night, driving from Melbourne, had a little cocktail hour with the GM and then a lovely dinner, where every agent enjoyed their meal. Staff was very good, nice casual atomophere.

Next day we went to see some properties, wine tasting, cheese tasting, and that night we were on our own (no car), so we walked across the street to the pizza parlor, which was very busy and had a snack there.

I would recommend it, and they should help the economy by having a visit for a few days!

Hope this is helpful! I'd be interested in hearing feedback, as the hotel was hoping to be part of the recovery solution.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
197 posts
6 reviews
2 helpful votes
4. Re: how has Marysville after the fires a couple of years back
Save

thanks guys found a living socail deal for 2 nites and buffet breakie for 299

Reply to: how has Marysville after the fires a couple of years back
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Marysville
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.