We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Color Run at LP Field-hotel info

Richmond, Kentucky
Level Contributor
62 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Color Run at LP Field-hotel info

I'm going to be staying in Nashville in October to do the color run. I've heard that it will be at LP Field, and I would like to stay at a hotel near there. I've read a few posts about staying in that area and some have said it's a shady area or that they wouldn't stay there. Can someone please tell me a good suggestion for a hotel near there? Or tell me if that area really is a bad place to stay?

US
Level Contributor
3,181 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Color Run at LP Field-hotel info

It's all about which side of the river. The stadium is on the east side. There are some cool neighborhoods and some great restaurants & bars in specific areas of the east side, but the hotels there around the stadium are not ones that would be recommended for most tourists. (Note that events at the stadium are as safe as you'd find in any other city, but it's just not an area you'd want to STAY in.)

Just across the river from the stadium is the core downtown tourist district. Loads of hotels, all safe, well populated, etc. Depending on the event there may be some sort of shuttle service; there is also a pedestrian bridge that crosses the river and gets you right to the immediate stadium area.

Richmond, Kentucky
Level Contributor
62 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Color Run at LP Field-hotel info

Thanks for the help!

Nashville, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,276 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Color Run at LP Field-hotel info

I concur.

4. Re: Color Run at LP Field-hotel info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 14:16
Get answers to your questions about Nashville