We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 seater recreational vehicle rentals

Illinois
Level Contributor
215 posts
41 reviews
2 seater recreational vehicle rentals

I have been looking at a couple of rental options for renting a 2 seater recreation vehicle for half a day in the area.

Has anyone ever done this? where exactly are you able to take them? It says they are street legal and cannot be taken off road which is fine. I'm just wondering if you are able to drive through the National Park on the paved roads on them. Is it worth the money? If you have rented one, what company would you recommend? Any pointers or info you think would be important to know?

We will be in the area to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday and I thought this might be something he would enjoy.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Sevierville, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Level Contributor
5,477 posts
342 reviews
1. Re: 2 seater recreational vehicle rentals

Down South Outdoor has the 2 seater Polaris Slingshot. We saw it when we were driving down 321 East Parkway in Gatlinburg. I don't know how much it is to rent. It's pretty cool looking.

http://www.downsouthoutdooradventures.com/

downsouthoutdooradventures.com/slingshot.html

Edited: 02 March 2016, 13:41
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: 2 seater recreational vehicle rentals

The Polaris Slingshot looks cool, I like to drive one myself!

You didn't say when you were renting it. Keep in mind that it's colder up in the mountains, last year they had snow in late March at higher altitudes. Warmer at lower altitudes like the towns, park entrance, Cades Cove, etc.

Illinois
Level Contributor
215 posts
41 reviews
3. Re: 2 seater recreational vehicle rentals

Thanks for your speedy responses. It will be the very last week of March that we will be there.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Sevierville, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Level Contributor
5,477 posts
342 reviews
4. Re: 2 seater recreational vehicle rentals

We will be there the last couple of days in March/April so if I see you driving around in it I will be sure to wave.

It looks so much nicer in person. I'm sure it will be a head turner for sure. Enjoy your trip!

Illinois
Level Contributor
215 posts
41 reviews
5. Re: 2 seater recreational vehicle rentals

Goldrushjunkie, keep an eye out for us! We will be there Mar 27-April1.

6. Re: 2 seater recreational vehicle rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2017, 00:18
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge