We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking in January

Level Contributor
20 posts
49 reviews
Hiking in January

Good afternoon!

I am visiting Gatlinburg for a weekend getaway late January. I was considering family-friendly hiking at either Porters Creek trail or Kephart Prong Trail or go to the FoxFire Mountain instead. Would you advise which of the three do you recommend? I am traveling with 3 adults and 2 kids (2 and 5). I am not expecting to be hiking for too long in the cold, but at least get some time outdoors. Please advise.

2 replies to this topic
woodbridge,va
Level Contributor
833 posts
84 reviews
1. Re: Hiking in January

We've done both Porter's Creek and Foxfire Mountain. Porters Creek was a pleasant easy trail along the lovely creek and it had interesting stops along the way such as an old farm house and graveyard. Foxfire mountain has charges associated with it. We did the ATV bear crawler tour which was a lot of fun but very pricey. The cool thing there is then we stayed and did the swinging bridge , a short trail, there was a small petting area with animals and a lunch area with good BBQ and homemade ice cream . They also have zip lines and rock climbing.

Level Contributor
20 posts
49 reviews
2. Re: Hiking in January

Thank you!

Reply to: Hiking in January
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sevierville