We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First trip coming up to Tennessee.

Easton, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
50 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
First trip coming up to Tennessee.

This will be our first trip to Tn. in a couple of weeks & I always like to sample some regional foods & cocktails anywhere I go.

Any suggestions for what & where to eat & drink? We will be staying in the Sevierville area. We usually have most dinners & lunches out

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
1,278 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First trip coming up to Tennessee.

One of my suggestions would be to go to Gatlinburg for an evening. You can go around to all of the distilleries & wineries on the strip. They all offer free samples. You will get to sample local wines and moonshine for FREE. Also you can do the Rocky Top Wine Trail if you visit several of the wineries in Pigeon Forge and Sevierville. When you finish, they give you a free wine glass. They have some pretty cool slushes and stuff at the wineries too in addition to the wines. There is also a moonshine distillery next to the Old Mill in Pigeon Forge.

As far as food, our favorites are the Old Mill in Pigeon Forge for breakfast, lunch OR dinner. Sawyers Farmhouse in PF is good for breakfast. We love the Park Grill in Gatlinburg for dinner. Crockett's Breakfast Camp in GB is good for breakfast. Stop at the Donut Friar in GB...it is a must. Also Cakes by Bakin Bishop in Wears Valley has cupcakes that should not be missed. I would also recommend the cider bar at the Apple Barn for apple cider, a fried apple pie and ice cream!

Hope this helps some.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,991 posts
411 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First trip coming up to Tennessee.

Parton's Deli (cash only), Mountain Lodge Restaurant (breakfast and lunch), Log Cabin Pancake House (Gatlinburg location), The Peddler, Calhouns (Gatlinburg location-prime rib on Fri and Sat nights), Mels Diner and The Donut Friar. I hear the Bush Cafe at the Bush Bean Museum is good too but we've yet to make it there.

Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
11,552 posts
3,057 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First trip coming up to Tennessee.

The three Sevier County towns each have TripAdvisor Restaurant reviews - These are most helpful, and we always check before a trip.

Slainte

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,922 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First trip coming up to Tennessee.

At the " Island" in PF, there is a free moonshine tasting place that of course sells moonshine too.

We didn't have much luck there, but a lot of reviews have been positive.

Poyner'sPommes Frites at the "Island" has great fries, Big Red soda and spaghetti ice cream ( pretty tasty).

5. Re: First trip coming up to Tennessee.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2017, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about Sevierville