We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best scenic route from Nashville to Sevierville

Lubbock, Texas...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Best scenic route from Nashville to Sevierville

I am bring my mom to Tennessee. What is the best scenic route from Nashville to Sevierville? I know the interstate would be faster but we are more interested in seeing the beautiful countryside.

Mentioned in this post
Tennessee
Tennessee
United States
Nashville
Nashville
Davidson County, TN
Sevierville
Sevierville
Sevier County, TN
Day Tour: Moonshine and Wine Tasting...
30 Reviews
from US$55.00*
Free Cancellation
Ridge Runner Smoky Mountain...
5 Reviews
from US$104.26*
Free Cancellation
The Great Smoky Mountain National...
9 Reviews
from US$172.62*
Free Cancellation
Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
4,073 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best scenic route from Nashville to Sevierville

Hwy 70 works out pretty well. It parallels I-40 and then crosses I-75 near Lenoir City. I would recommend getting on the interstate at that point to avoid all the congestion on Kingston Pike through Knoxville. From I-40 take exit 407 (Hwy 66) to Sevierville.

Mentioned in this post
Kingston
Kingston
Ontario, Canada
Knoxville
Knoxville
Tennessee
Sevierville
Sevierville
Sevier County, TN
Kingston, Tennessee
Level Contributor
362 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best scenic route from Nashville to Sevierville

If you have the time, US-70 aka Broadway of America would be a great choice. Since it runs parallel to I-40 you have the option to jump on if the pace gets too slow. I would recommend getting off 70 in Lenoir City and take 321 to Maryville, the 411 to 441 which takes you into Sevierville. This eliminates Knoxville completely.

Mentioned in this post
Maryville
Maryville
Tennessee
Sevierville
Sevierville
Sevier County, TN
Knoxville
Knoxville
Tennessee
Tennessee
Level Contributor
295 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best scenic route from Nashville to Sevierville

I know this is an older post, but wanted to second the route getting off at the Lenior City exit. We like coming in through Maryville, Townsend and Wears Valley. It's lovely.

We recently left the area via Cosby and the Foothills Parkway, stopping at the Cosby part of the Nt'l Park and the Carver's Apple House. Really enjoyed our time. It, too, was a lovely drive. Took longer to get home, but liked the variety. We plan to stop and eat near Douglas Lake in the future.

Mentioned in this post
Maryville
Maryville
Tennessee
Townsend
Townsend
Tennessee
Foothills Parkway
Foothills Parkway
384 Reviews
Townsend, TN
Douglas Lake
Douglas Lake
212 Reviews
Dandridge, TN
4. Re: Best scenic route from Nashville to Sevierville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2018, 00:15
Get answers to your questions about Sevierville
Recent Conversations