We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does this place/restaurant sound familiar to anyone?

MD
Level Contributor
126 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Does this place/restaurant sound familiar to anyone?

Several years ago while in Gatlinburg, we took a drive outside of the GB/PF areas. We came upon an orchard where you could buy produce, and there was a restaurant next to it where we ended up eating. It was just a small restaurant with simple, but good food. This past spring, we drove way out past Greenbrier trying to find it, but to no avail. Does anyone out there know where this might be? I remember that the surrounding area was really pretty, too, with very little traffic. We would just like to go back there the next time we're visiting Gatlinburg. I'm thinking that maybe someone local might know. Thank you.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Sevierville, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Level Contributor
4,649 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does this place/restaurant sound familiar to anyone?

That is Carver's Applehouse Restaurant in Cosby on Cosby Hwy. Love their food and fried apple pies.

dininginthesmokies.com/_cosby/dccarver.htm

Applewood Farmhouse Restaurant and Grill on Apple Valley Rd in Sevierville is similar to Carvers. (restaurant,fresh fruit market, candy shop and fried apple pies and a couple of different shops.

http://www.applewoodfarmhouserestaurant.com/

MD
Level Contributor
126 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does this place/restaurant sound familiar to anyone?

That's it! I couldn't remember the name, but I saw the pictures and that's definitely the place! Now I know it's in Cosby, and we can go there again. Thanks so much for answering, Goldrushjunkie! You've made my day! :)

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Sevierville, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Level Contributor
4,649 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does this place/restaurant sound familiar to anyone?

Your welcome. I forgot to give you directions. Take East Parkway (321) out of Gatlinburg and when you reach Cosby it will come to a 'T take a left turn on Cosby Hwy and follow it until you see all the Carver fruit signs and the wide entrance is on the right side. It's about a 30-40 minute drive from Gatlinburg depending on the traffic.

When we go to Carvers we like to take a right out of there and follow 321 to Interstate 40 and hop on it and exit Foothills Pkwy. It comes out on 321. Just a big loop. Beautiful and Spectacular views from Foothills Pkwy. There are several pull offs to take it all in. Enjoy your trip to the mountains.

MD
Level Contributor
126 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does this place/restaurant sound familiar to anyone?

Thank you, again! I remember gorgeous views while we were in that area, so possibly we traveled that route. I love discovering drives and places to go that are away from all the congestion of Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. We're looking forward to returning next spring!

5. Re: Does this place/restaurant sound familiar to anyone?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2017, 01:17
Get answers to your questions about Sevierville