We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

amidst the beauty.. starrcrest resort

South Boston...
Level Contributor
855 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
amidst the beauty.. starrcrest resort

has anybody been to this cabin lately?? (amidst the beauty) I'm curious to know how long it is from the cabin to the points of interest.. gatlinburg and pigeon forge ect...also things to do... has anyone gone to the dixie stampede or the comedy barn ??? and was it worth the cost??? any info. appreciated....

Dollywood's DreamMore Resort and Spa
Rocky Top Condos
Rocky Top Condos
#54 of 93 hotels in Pigeon Forge
Wilderness at the Smokies Resort
Wilderness at the Smokies Resort
#14 of 20 hotels in Sevierville
Indiana
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: amidst the beauty.. starrcrest resort

I haven't been to that one yet. staying in High Mountain Mist in a week. Based on maps you can expect a 5 - 10 ride back onto the Parkway in Pigeon Forge. it's another 5 minutes or so to get into downtown Gatlinburg. The Aquarium in Gatlinburg is awesome. Drive to cades cove is great. Inside Cades Cove is just unbelievable. It's an eleven mile road in a loop and you will see a ton of wild animals roaming about. Spend the money and go on an ATV ride up Bluff Mountain. Talk about FUN!!! The view is to the north and is awesome. the name of the company is Bluff Mountain Adventures. Dixie Stampede is alot of fun, too. Food was pretty good too, although, its been 10 years since i've been there. we're gonna go next week. We loved the shops in Gatlinburg. we walk it everytime we're there. Take the Tram up to Ober Gatlinburg. It has skiing, arcades, and ice skating. Once you take the Tram the first time, drive it the next time. it's nice to experience the Tram once, but at $10 or $20 (forget which one) it's worth the drive up there. In Gatlinburg try the Pancake House (i believe that's the name) for breakfast. also good for breakfast is the Applewood's restaurant. it's at the end of the parkway on the right side in Gatlinburg before you go into the park.

Hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge
Sevier County, TN
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Cades Cove
Cades Cove
4,539 Reviews
Great Smoky Mountains National Park, TN
Bluff Mountain Adventures
Bluff Mountain Adventures
592 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
South Boston...
Level Contributor
855 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: amidst the beauty.. starrcrest resort

thanks, we have never been there before but, it sounds like we are going to have a good time....

South Boston...
Level Contributor
855 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: amidst the beauty.. starrcrest resort

oh, by the way its our 20th anniversary... we got married very young (18yrs.)and couldn't afford a honeymoon, so, I said this is our year.. so we are going to splurge a little and make it a trip to remember... they said that the amidst the beauty cabin is the most popular because it has the best view.... if it looks anything like the pictures I won't be dissapointed.....

South Boston...
Level Contributor
855 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: amidst the beauty.. starrcrest resort

hey, brian442... I was wondering if you could do me a favor???

if its not out of the way ... could you take a peek at "amidst the beauty" and let me know what you think...we looked at high mountain mist...too... when we were looking for a cabin to stay at in july... I like the way the kitchen and livingroom are open ...its cool...well, hope to hear from you soon... have a great trip...

Indiana
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: amidst the beauty.. starrcrest resort

I'd be happy to. We'll try to take a look...see if they tell us where it is at. Plus it would be nice to know for our future vacations also. You will love the mountains. We've been here many times and love it each visit. There are a variety of experiences to be had for many different personalities. Pigeon Forge reminds me of The Dells in Wis. and Gatlinburg is a bit more Lake Geneva. In Gatlinburg there is an Italian Restaurant that was fabulous. I will try to find the name of it for you. Hope you love the mountains and the area as much as we do.

Mentioned in this post
Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge
Sevier County, TN
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Lake Geneva
Lake Geneva
Wisconsin
Indiana
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: amidst the beauty.. starrcrest resort

When are you going?

South Boston...
Level Contributor
855 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: amidst the beauty.. starrcrest resort

thanks, I appreciate you doing that... is high mountain mist in starrcrest resort?? I was just wondering because I have seen people talking about trying to get info. from the offices and they are kinda tight lipped... I think they dont want to give too much info.. to just anybody..but, anything you can tell me is more than I know now... ha ha . we will be going in july... I'm excited ..we have gone to TN. for the past 2 yrs. (nashville...HUGE country music fans)but never been to gatlinburg, well thanks again...

sevierville TN
Level Contributor
463 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: amidst the beauty.. starrcrest resort

Amidst the Beauty has as good of views as any cabin in the smoky mountains. You can see from the North Carolina side of the mountains to Cades Cove and there are no cabins interfering with the views. You won't be disappointed. The cabin is about 3 miles from the parkway in Pigeon Forge and has good wide paved roads going to it. Best cabin I have ever been in.

Mentioned in this post
North Carolina
North Carolina
United States
Cades Cove
Cades Cove
4,539 Reviews
Great Smoky Mountains National Park, TN
Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge
Sevier County, TN
almost orlando
Level Contributor
321 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: amidst the beauty.. starrcrest resort

Hi..I hve stayed in Starr Crest and Timber Tops...they are basically across a valley from each other......talk about beautiful and luxurious....it was less than 3 minuted from dollywood and less ha 5 from the strip.....highly recommend going....

Mentioned in this post
Starr Crest Resort
Starr Crest Resort
216 Reviews
Sevierville, TN
Indiana
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: amidst the beauty.. starrcrest resort

Hey, Kennylax. We found out the other day from SMC that High Mountain Mist is in Starrcrest Resort so we'll definitely be able to tell you how the view is for Amidst the Beauty. Heck, we'll take our own pics. We'll post some when we get back!

Get answers to your questions about Sevierville