We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best taste

Spring, Texas
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
best taste

Howdy! My Father, brother and I are coming down again next year for an Aggie football game. I was owndering if ya'll might know what are the best tasting places to go for BBQ, Mexican, Texmex, steak house and breakfast in town or close to Aggieland. Any help is appreciated and see ya'll next year. Gig'em!

The Republic
$$$$, American, Steakhouse
Fuego Tortilla Grill
$, Mexican, Southwestern, Fast food
Mad Taco
$, Mexican, Street Food, Southwestern
Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,944 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best taste

Cafe Eccel has great food; that's where we usually go. Freebirds has really good made to order burritos and is pretty affordable. The Republic has been getting good reviews - we haven't had a chance to try it yet, but it looks like it would have great steaks. The Dixie Chicken is a good spot to grab a beer.

Mentioned in this post
Dixie Chicken
Dixie Chicken
192 Reviews
College Station, TX
Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,944 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best taste

You can also try this website:

www.visitaggieland.com/Where-to-Eat

Texas
Level Contributor
1,640 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best taste

I thought C&J Barbeque was good when I last visited.

Dallas
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: best taste

BBQ - Rudy's.

Tex Mex - Papa Perez or Zarape (bonus that each is located in downtown Bryan -- a less crowded dinner location for after the game); also second the vote for Freebird's for great burritos.

Steak - Eccell Steakhouse (the original, as previously noted is fantastic as well)

Breakfast -- Rudy's has great breakfast tacos; La Bodega has a fantastic full brunch menu; Shipley's donuts are tremendous (especially on game day because they sell them as quickly as they make them)

Mentioned in this post
Bryan
Bryan
Texas
Cafe Eccell
Cafe Eccell
299 Reviews
College Station, TX
Spring, Texas
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best taste

Thanks to everyone for some ideas. If you have any other ideas of places for us to eat that is great too. I am just looking for a great experience and some good eats!

Edmond, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
114 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best taste

I'll agree with Rubys, for good barbeque. Not the best I've ever had but good.

For Mexican, try Casa Rodriquez in downtown Bryan. Really good, and very reasonably priced. La Bodega is really good also.

Mentioned in this post
Bryan
Bryan
Texas
Texas
Level Contributor
215 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best taste

I hope it's not too late to answer this one.

Mexican: I like Polly's Cocina (formerly Mi Cocina) for dinner.

BBQ: C&Js or Rudy's.

Breakfast: La Familia at the Shell gas station on Barron Road (South part of College Station) has the best breakfast tacos I've ever had. La Bodega has a very good Sunday brunch (very early). The brunch at the Hilton is alright if you want a buffet-style Sunday brunch. If you want kolaches, Rolf's is always good and Sweet Eugene's has crepes and the best donuts (in my opinion) and coffee.

TexMex: Freebirds.

Steakhouse: depends on what type of steakhouse. My favorite casual steakhouse is Sodalak's. They cook a steak to perfection every single time. For fine dining I recommend Christopher's or Madden's. I'm told Longhorn's is also good and casual. I've also been told The Republic is good fine dining.

Mentioned in this post
8. Re: best taste

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2011, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about College Station
More College Station Topics