We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frisco: Collin College Preston Ridge. On the cheap.....?

Florida
Level Contributor
33 posts
64 reviews
Frisco: Collin College Preston Ridge. On the cheap.....?

I need to be at this college for a PA symposium the last weekend in April. Looks like DFW is the better airport?

Will be flying from Orlando or Daytona Beach (preferred.) So SW is an option or American or Delta. Jet Blue marooned me in the Caribbean so I am shying away from them.

Is there light rail or other public transport to Frisco? Doesn't appear so....

Hotel suggested is Sheraton Stonebriar: but I have 197K Hilton points and would like to use them (or keep earning points if I pay for a room.)

3 replies to this topic
Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,361 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: Frisco: Collin College Preston Ridge. On the cheap.....?

Yes, DFW would be the best airport. Unfortunately SW doesn't fly into DFW; they love into Love Field.

You will not find good public transportation for Frisco. It would be best to rent a car. And be sure to get the transponder since you will be near 2 toll roads.

If you pull up the campus on g-maps, use the "nearby" feature to find hotels. I just did and see this Homewood Suites where you could possibly use your points. …hilton.com/en/…index.html

Celina, Texas
Level Contributor
44 posts
602 reviews
2. Re: Frisco: Collin College Preston Ridge. On the cheap.....?

There are several Hilton branded hotels in and around Frisco. No matter what, you'll need transportation from any of those hotels to Collin College.

If you're wanting to avoid paying for Uber or a rental car, I'd recommend calling ahead to see if your desired hotel has a shuttle. A lot of hotels in the area do.

You might also want to look at a few hotels in Plano, which is just south of Frisco. There's the Hilton Granite Park in Plano which is maybe 1/4 mile from Frisco. It's super nice, and fairly new. I would bet they have a shuttle.

If you want to stick with Hilton, and save on transportation costs while in Frisco, I'd

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
26 posts
105 reviews
3. Re: Frisco: Collin College Preston Ridge. On the cheap.....?

Okay, this may be a bit rude but you were on TripAdvisor and could not find Hilton hotels in Frisco? Props to the others who were nicer to this guy.

Reply to: Frisco: Collin College Preston Ridge. On the cheap.....?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted