We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel in Livingston, Texas.

Cardiff
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Travel in Livingston, Texas.

Hi!!!!!!!! I am planning a trip to Livingston, Texas at the end of the year but I know nearly nothing about Texas. I have just read through a few of the posts your and just wondered what is the best method of travel around Livingston. I'm not too sure about hiring a car as I think that i'd be a hazard to everyone on the wrong side of the road!!!!!!!!

If you could give me any information it would be really appreciated,

Thankyou,

Rhianon.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
131 reviews
1. Re: Travel in Livingston, Texas.

Renting a car is about your only option around Livingston. There are just over 6000 folks there so the traffic isn't overwhelming- plus people are very friendly. You can practice driving in the high school parking lot ;-)

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
2. Re: Travel in Livingston, Texas.

Livingston is about 75 miles North of Houston (or about 50 from the airport). It is somewhat remote and you will be hard pressed to find a taxi. As the previous post said you will need a car. I drive in UK so I am sure it will be not that difficult for you! Nothing much in Livingston - just the lake and the state park. Unless you just want to chill out - after two days you will be bored to death. Winter here is mild but Dec will still be too cold to swim or for water sports. If you don't mind me asking - why Livingston?

Cardiff
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Travel in Livingston, Texas.

Hi!!!!!!!! Thankyou for your replys!!!!!!!! I really need all of the information that I can get as this will be the first trip abroad that I have taken on my own. It loos like i'll have to hire a car, do you have to be a certain age to be able to hire a car and also would it be an automatic as I have only ever driven a manual. Also any information on hotels and car rental places near the airport would be great.

Thankyou for your help.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
4. Re: Travel in Livingston, Texas.

Driving a automatic is very easy - my wife is also from the UK and now she doesn't want to drive a manual. Start the car - put it to "D" to go forward; "R" to go back; "P" when you have tirned off the engine and is getting out. While going forward (on D), when you come to a stop etc. just push down on the break. No clutch and better if you only use your right foot.

5. Re: Travel in Livingston, Texas.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 23:18
Get answers to your questions about Livingston