We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on tour from flores to tikal

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
121 reviews
60 helpful votes
Advice on tour from flores to tikal
Save

Anyone have a reputable tour operator for a day trip from flores to tikal?

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
17,134 posts
320 reviews
276 helpful votes
1. Re: Advice on tour from flores to tikal
Save

In my opinion it doesn't get better than archaeologist/naturalist Roxy Ortiz:

http://www.tikalroxy.blogspot.com

New Haven
Level Contributor
34 posts
94 reviews
55 helpful votes
2. Re: Advice on tour from flores to tikal
Save

We used Martsam Travel who in turn hired Korina Castellanos to be our guide. She was wonderful!

Really nice person whose knowledge of the sights and history was just tremendous.

They arranged everything including transportation and a nice lunch.

They have an office in Flores.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
7 helpful votes
3. Re: Advice on tour from flores to tikal
Save

I just went on the standard government half day van tour two days ago -- they pick you up at your hotel at 4:30 am and leave the park at 12:30, which given the heat turned out to be enough. Our group of about 15 had a pretty knowledgeable if uninspired guide who spoke good English, and the consensus seemed to be that he did a good job. I booked this ($20 for transport and guide) through Sergio Crasborn, a very nice agent who also picked me up at the airport and took me to the bus station when I left for Belize. With all the chatter about security I over-reacted and left my good Nikon and best credit card at home -- a mistake that few others seemed to be making. Flores was very relaxed.

Eastleigh, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
79 reviews
70 helpful votes
4. Re: Advice on tour from flores to tikal
Save

I have just finished a sunrise tour of tikal from flores with sergio crasborn, I booked it at his office crasborn travel in flores, everything went very well. We were in a tour of 12 people, no safety issues, great value and we loved the tour. Guide spoke good English and was extremely knowledgable. couldn't fault anything. Highly recommended

http://www.crasborntravel.com/

London
12 posts
5. Re: Advice on tour from flores to tikal
Save

How much was the crasborn travel tour?

6. Re: Advice on tour from flores to tikal

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the Tripadvisor community and has been removed.

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
6 helpful votes
7. Re: Advice on tour from flores to tikal
Save

I booked with ONCA Travel Agency, owned by Ronald who speaks perfect English because he used to live in the United States, across the street from Crasborn Travel on Calle Union. I took the 3 am roundtrip with guide for Q90, Q250 to get into Tikal Park that you pay to their national park service, Q150 if you go for the 430 rude but you will miss the sunrise which was simply unforgettable. It was hot so I left at 1230 back to Flores.

http://oncatravel.wix.com/onca

Edited: 9 years ago
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
1 helpful vote
8. Re: Advice on tour from flores to tikal
Save

We booked through Sergio Crasborn. $40 for 2 people roundtrip transport (shuttle van), small group size of 6. The transportation showed up on time as promised and the tour guide was great. He was great at pointing out wildlife we even managed to spot a Jaguar and found a tarantula.

Sergio also helped with a mix-up with FDN buses and paid for our transport to El Remate. Great guy! Would definitely recommend booking through Sergio if you want a tour to Tikal. scrasborn@yahoo.com

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
9 helpful votes
9. Re: Advice on tour from flores to tikal
Save

I will not recommend Sergio Crasborn. We bought night bus tickets from Flores to Guatemala City from him. He told us the bus company was Maya del Oro and showed us beautiful pictures of their buses. It turned out the bus company was Fuente del Norte, which according to Lonley Planet it is the worst option. The bus was old, toilet was locked, and it was noisy with local families and kids. Sergio Crasborn did not tell us the true name of the bus company.

4 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
10. Re: Advice on tour from flores to tikal
Save

I am so sorry, the bus company changes the bus. We are only sellers. All the buses companies do this when we not think. However thankyou I will tell to others that can to happen something like this. The true we are not the transport; and we can not to influence to the transports managers. Probably its a bad understanding. We try to do best our job.

© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.