We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2014 USA Formula One Grand Prix

Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
128 reviews
Save Topic
2014 USA Formula One Grand Prix

Hi there,

I am attending the full race weekend Oct 31st to Nov 2nd, and just wondered what the public transport connections are like between the circuit and downtown San Marcos.

Would it be better to drive to the circuit? whats the traffic like? and can you get cabs from San Marcos to the circuit?

Any travel advice at all would be much appreciated.

Steve

4 replies to this topic
San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,775 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2014 USA Formula One Grand Prix

There is no public transport between San Marcos and the race. It's a little over 30 miles from San Marcos to the track. I cabe is a possibility, but it would have to be arranged ahead of time. My guess is that it would cost around $100 each way. A rental car could be as cheap as $20 a day.

Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2014 USA Formula One Grand Prix

Hey Octoboy,

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I will have a rental car but was put off by the $200 for parking at the circuit lol. But I guess I will have to splash out. Do you know if there is any public transport between San Marcos and Downtown Austin? Buses or Trains etc..

Steve

San Marcos, Texas
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 2014 USA Formula One Grand Prix

Hi Steve,

There are not any public transportation options from San Marcos to Austin with the exception of Greyhound and Amtrak. If you do not want to pay for parking, the best course of action would be to get a rental car and park in downtown Austin. They do run a shuttle for all 3 days of racing at COTA. Last year it was $10 or $15 for the whole weekend. I went last year and took this option it worked out great. The shuttle leaves from the Convention Center. I think last year they were running every 30 minutes. I hope this helps.

Clancy Hardin

Destination Events Manager

San Marcos Convention and Visitor Bureau

clancyh@sanmarcostexas.com

Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2014 USA Formula One Grand Prix

Thanks for the info Clancy, I really appreciate it.

Reply to: 2014 USA Formula One Grand Prix
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about San Marcos
More San Marcos Topics