We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Marcos River/Beer

Rockport, Texas
Level Contributor
332 posts
3 reviews
San Marcos River/Beer

Is there any chance the City will ever allow you to have a few beers along the rivers edge like we used to? The new law allowing only beer drinking only IN the river is really stupid.

4 replies to this topic
San Marcos, Texas
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
1. Re: San Marcos River/Beer

Tommy,

Thank you for your message. Information on the park rules that went into effect on January 1,2013 can be found at the following website. (http://www.keepalidonit.org/).

If you have any additional question regarding the rules at the parks by the river please contact the San Marcos Parks and Recreation Department at (512) 393-8400.

Thank you,

Clancy Hardin

San Marcos Convention and Visitor Bureau

Destination Events Manager

clancyh@sanmarcostexas.com

(512) 393-5930

Edited: 02 July 2014, 15:53
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,817 posts
49 reviews
2. Re: San Marcos River/Beer

Welcome, Clancy. Hope you will monitor forums and give us your expertise. It's very hard to keep up with new lodging, restaurants, food trucks, sights, water sports etc. With your input all the questions can get spot on answers. We get so many that are visiting from overseas and don't know how great IH-35 can be for them when they travel from Austin to San Antonio. SM and NB are beautiful and I love hitting all the downtown venues when I can.

San Marcos, Texas
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
3. Re: San Marcos River/Beer

Georgetowngal,

Thank you for the welcome. I am here to help out and do my best to make sure everybody has an enjoyable experience in San Marcos and the Hill Country. Our website does have the most up to date information on lodging, dining, and everything else in between. It's also mobile device friendly! It even features a blog of some of the best San Marcos has to offer.

www.toursanmarcos.com

Please feel free to reach out to me and I will do my best to help.

Thank you,

Clancy Hardin

San Marcos Convention and Visitor Bureau

Destination Events Manager

(512) 393-5930

clancyh@sanmarcostexas.com

Rockport, Texas
Level Contributor
332 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: San Marcos River/Beer

Thanks for the update Clancy even if it is not what I wanted to hear. We have only done the river floating trip one time this summer and it seems the roudyness is now in the river instead of onshore.

Reply to: San Marcos River/Beer
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about San Marcos
More San Marcos Topics