We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vacation home rental

Which South Padre Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Baxter Springs...
Level Contributor
90 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
vacation home rental

We are thinking about coming to Texas in late July and are inerested in vacation home rental for myself, my husband and 6 yr old and our friends and their 1 year old. We are looking for a 2 -3 bedroom home to rent for a week, we definately don't want to be in a condo and definately would prefer to be beachfront. We also looked at Galveston, but after reading the postings about the beach there, I am more interested in SPI. Does anyone know of any vacation rental companies in SPI? Thanks.

Ky.
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: vacation home rental

Just run a search for vacation home rentals on SPI. Im sure you will have a selection. We have never wanted a home so Ive never looked but Im sure there will be a good choice online. Enjoy your trip!

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
309 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vacation home rental

Like the other poster suggested, try a google search for vacation rentals in South Padre. Also, check out VRBO.com. It's where you rent directly from the owner. I've used that a few times before with great success.

You are making a great decision by going to South Padre. None of the hotels are on the beach in Galveston...they are all across the street from the beach. When my stepson was 5, he almost got hit by a car when we were crossing that street. The beach is much nicer in South Padre as well.

Have fun!!!

Baxter Springs...
Level Contributor
90 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: vacation home rental

I have googled and cannot find anything, so I was looking for other ideas. Anyone know of rental compnies in this area.

USA
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: vacation home rental

latitude26.com will get you to lots of rentals. I've never used them...I just know of them. I know there are condos there, not sure about houses.

Canada
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: vacation home rental

Try VBRO.com for sure and www.service24.com (click on Beach Houses). Many of the real estate companies also rent properties. Check on www.spionline.com. There are links there to both rentals and realty companies.

Hewitt, Texas
Level Contributor
119 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: vacation home rental

we just rented a townhome on the beach, we had our own pool & jacuzzi. All bedroom were upstairs though.. very nice. We went threw.. www.vrbo.com you might also checkout www.pirentals.com. also www.vacationpadre.com good luck

Dallas,Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: vacation home rental

Go to spadre.com you will find what your looking for and all the information you would want about the island. The search bars there will direct you to what your looking for. Have a great vacation

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: vacation home rental

Stormie,

Would you please contact me privately with the contact information for the townhome you rented?

Thank you,

Shelley

Tulsa OK
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: vacation home rental

skm, please check your private message.

South Padre Island...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: vacation home rental

try www.southpadrevacationrental.com. it's new. no beach home, but maybe a duplex or condo.

Get answers to your questions about South Padre Island