We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tex-Mex on Christmas Eve

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,965 posts
309 reviews
Save Topic
Tex-Mex on Christmas Eve

Coming to Tyler for Christmas and our long-standing family tradition is to have Tex-Mex on Christmas Eve. I really do not want to hit the kitchen after getting in there that afternoon. Any suggestions for good Tex-Mex and a place that is going to be open that day.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tex-Mex on Christmas Eve

Tyler doesn't have any really good Tex-Mex places. There are a few that are okay and will keep up the family tradition, just don't expect anything outstanding. I would first suggest Casa Ole. They have a location on South Broadway and one on Troup Highway. They will be open until about 10pm. Many people like Mercado's on Loop 323 and Pasado's on E. 5th Street (same owner). They're okay, I probably like Pasado's better. They will both be open until 9pm. On the Border on Loop 323 will be open until 8pm.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,965 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tex-Mex on Christmas Eve

Thanks!

Texas
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tex-Mex on Christmas Eve

I would definitely NOT recommend Casa Ole, unless you like TV dinners.

I would definitely recommend Mercado's or Posado's, or even the recently opened Jalepeno Tree.

ENJOY!!!

Texas
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tex-Mex on Christmas Eve

It's funny how people have different tastes. I didn't like Jalopeno Tree at all. And I felt like the chicken enchiladas at Mercado's were like a TV dinner, hardly a sliver of chicken in either one. After my third really bad dinner there, I just stopped trying. But as I said, many people do like them. Casa Ole has good chicken quesadillos and the best sopapillas around. To each their own!

5. Re: Tex-Mex on Christmas Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 02:22
Get answers to your questions about Tyler