We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant reviews

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,473 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant reviews

Almost living here so i thought i would report on where we eat.

Started the week eating lunch at Jasons. The G,kids love the free ice cream after the meal so it's always a hit. My soup and salad was good as usual.

Now compare that to Newks--no reason to return. The place yesterday was noisey, including the waitress that stomped out. My salad greens were tough. I'll say that the soup bowl was very generous. Back to jason's in the future

BTW--went to Fresh for a specific item--Brookshires new upscale grocery, WEW --very expensive ---$24 a lb for grilled herb shrimp in the deli

7 replies to this topic
Texas
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant reviews

Hi there Felchurch! Glad to hear you're enjoying trying different places. I love Jason's also. Sorry to hear about your experience at Newks. It is crazy busy and noisy at lunch time, especially weekdays. I've gone in the evening before and it's been more pleasant. You might give them another try sometime. I love their chicken pesto sandwich. Have you tried Orange Leaf for frozen yogurt right next door? The kids love it! They have around 15 or so different flavors of yogurt and it's self-serve. So you get to choose how much of what flavors you want and put your own toppings on. It's sold by the weight so watch out on how much your getting!

Fresh is expensive! I like it, but I only go there when looking for specific items though. My daughter likes to get some gelato when we're there. Hmmm...I guess we eat too many frozen treats, LOL!

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,908 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant reviews

Haven't been in awhile but we enjoyed Rick's on the Square.

http://www.rix.com/

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,473 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant reviews

So we tried Ricks today for lunch. Went early to get the best attention. Boring food! No seasonings on "grilled " tuna which was not grilled or in the peas. Other entre was an overcooked hamburger. Very disappointing.

Spoke to mgt on the way out. Dave

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,908 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant reviews

Dave- sorry to hear about your bad experience. RIck's does get mixed reviews here on TA. If you get a chance, post yours under restaurant reviews.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,473 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant reviews

Made the short journey to Edom today. What a find. Stopped at Blue Moon Nursery on the way. They have quite a selection.

On to Edom and the stores and two cafes. Ate at the Shed. Country fried foods!!! Everyone enjoyed their meal and took home the rolls!!! Service was good and the place was busy. Next time Ben Wheeler which is three miles down the road

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,473 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant reviews

Tried Bernards tonight --good service ,good food --scallops and veal. Thought the food prices were OK;wine a little expensive. Place was full and people waiting.. I must say as a newcomer to Texas--there were some very casually dressed men--jeans and running shoes--the women looked great.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,473 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant reviews

Passed thru Edom Sunday to eat in Ben Wheeler. Stopped in Edom to go to Blue Moon Gardens for some portulaca--really too hot to plant!!!

Anyway ---ate at Moores General Store--very nice hamburger but I like the Shed in Edom and the atmosphere of Edom better They need to plant some flowers at Ben Wheeler and soften the hardscape of the road

Noticed that Moores charges for music at night and the Forge in BW does not

Nice mix of tourists and locals at Moores--should have tried the fried pie i suppose

Reply to: Restaurant reviews
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tyler