We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat?

dallas
Level Contributor
347 posts
22 reviews
21 helpful votes
Where to eat?
Save

Hi! Staying in Draper for a nephew's wedding & would like to find a nice restaurant in the area to have a family dinner at when we arrive. We don't really want anything fancy....just excellent food without driving too far. We'd ideally like to be within a 20 minute drive.

8 replies to this topic
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
6,228 posts
46 reviews
21 helpful votes
1. Re: Where to eat?
Save

Your best bet, might just be going to downtown Salt Lake City, where you'll have far more options. Downtown SLC is about 15 minutes from the airport and basically on route to Draper. Draper is an SLC suburb that is mostly filled with chain restaurants in strip malls off the freeway exits. Maybe someone will have some better info. Here is a list from TripAdvisor. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g56964-Draper_Utah.html

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City, Lake Powell, Utah
Level Contributor
35,501 posts
52 reviews
12 helpful votes
2. Re: Where to eat?
Save

I agree that you should head in to downtown SLC. There will be a lot of restaurant choices, many of them local to SLC.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Zion National Park
Level Contributor
18,435 posts
213 reviews
438 helpful votes
3. Re: Where to eat?
Save

Ok, so the two above posters may not get to Draper very often. There are some great restaurants out there.

Try Garage Grill on 123rd and 13th east for great casual food and a fun atmosphere

And not too far from that is Cafe Trang for asian

Fongs is good chinese

Thai Siam on the State Street is great Thai

Guadalahonkys for Mexican and the Donkey Tails Cantina.

dallas
Level Contributor
347 posts
22 reviews
21 helpful votes
4. Re: Where to eat?
Save

Thanks! I was hoping to find something closer, since SLC is about a 30 minute drive. My sister arrives at 5:30 & by the time she drives to Draper to check in, she's not going to want to turn around & drive 30 back to the city for a dinner. I've checked the Draper listings and nothing looks wonderful, but I know there's got to be some hidden gems around there somewhere! Thanks for the help!

dallas
Level Contributor
347 posts
22 reviews
21 helpful votes
5. Re: Where to eat?
Save

I appreciate the suggestions! Is Garage Grill noisy? The Asian places might work as well! I'll do some more research.....Thanks!!!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,435 posts
213 reviews
438 helpful votes
6. Re: Where to eat?
Save

Yes, Garage Grill in the open space is noisy. I can't be certain, but I'm remembering a party room off to the side which could give you some privacy....website does mention private events. How big will your group be?

Edited: 2 years ago
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
25,660 posts
423 reviews
214 helpful votes
7. Re: Where to eat?
Save

No need to go downtown. For sure you have limitations in that part of the valley with a huge number of generic chains. Kbecjeans has given you some good ideas. I'll add Market Street Grill in South Jordan, just a few minutes away. I think there's also a Toscano. You also have some options in the Fort Union and Midvale/Murray areas about 15-20 minutes north.

Have fun.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,435 posts
213 reviews
438 helpful votes
8. Re: Where to eat?
Save

There is a Toscano which is practically in Draper. Many other options if you want to look a little further north.

Reply to: Where to eat?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Draper
Recent Conversations
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.