We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don't stay at the Comfort Inn

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
18 posts
60 reviews
22 helpful votes
Don't stay at the Comfort Inn
Save

I booked a one night stay directly on the Choice Hotel website and after the booking noticed that the amount was too much. So I called the 800 number and they said I booked 2 rooms. I only needed one and they couldn't change it. I spent a week and multiple hours on the phone trying to get this corrected. Their customer service people suck! I've never encountered a group of rude, unprofessional people in my life. The manager in Draper would not take my phone calls and didn't answer emails. Finally, I got them to say that they'd issue me a credit. I'm still (after 6 weeks) waiting on it and have disputed the charge on my credit card.

The actual stay was also below average. The closet door was falling off. The walls were so thin we could hear everything in the next rooms and in the hall. From 10:00 p.m. to almost 11 p.m. doors were slamming every few moments. At breakfast the next morning there were multiple families who were barefoot and in pajamas. This isn't your house. Shouldn't the health regulations be the same as in a restaurant? (no shoes, no shirt, no service)

There are plenty of other options in the area. Stay somewhere else! I will never stay at a Choice property again.

1 reply
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
25,660 posts
423 reviews
214 helpful votes
1. Re: Don't stay at the Comfort Inn
Save

I stay in Choice Hotels all the time - three of them last week. I book everything on the Choice Hotels website or mobile app. I have never once had an occasion where the cancelation policy was more than 24 hours out. So given your circumstances, I don't find it believable that you couldn't just go onto the website and cancel.

Sorry you had a bad experience, but it just doesn't sound realistic.

Reply to: Don't stay at the Comfort Inn
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Draper
Recent Conversations
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.