We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay??

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
101 posts
5 reviews
Where to stay??

We are flying into SLC and will be in the area to ski for 2 days/nights. Even though its midweek (Wed. and Thur night), every place I've found is at least $200 a night. There's only two of us and I really just want a decent safe place to crash that's not far from some of the resorts. Any ideas??

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
101 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Where to stay??

Forgot to mention the timeframe- mid January

Greentown...
Level Contributor
244 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Where to stay??

Check out Park City Peaks.......perfect place to crash.....and in a good spot to be able to ski any of the "big 3". The Peaks is right on the shuttle route.....5 min to PCMR and 5 to The Canyons....about 10 to DV.........check it out.....price is usually right for budget minded travelers like myself.

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
31 reviews
3. Re: Where to stay??

+1 to the Peaks great location and Buffet Breakfest included in price. I usually stay there.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
20,884 posts
449 reviews
4. Re: Where to stay??

$200 is pretty low for PC but you for sure can find something unless you're in the Sundance period in later January. Run a search on Expedia, etc. I just did for a couple midweek dates and turned up Shadow Ridge at Park City for $188. The chain hotels at Kimball's Junction (Hampton, Holiday Inn, etc.) were running about $175. Peaks, actually, was over $200. But it's a good one to check. Also check Newpark Hotel at the junction which is usually pretty reasonable.

Have fun.

Miami
Level Contributor
306 posts
36 reviews
5. Re: Where to stay??

You might also check out Marriott Park City. Close to the slopes. they may have free transportation to the resorts.

I have stayed there in years past and it was pretty reasonalbe. there are also a couple of properties in kimball junction as you get off I-80. Possibly a Holiday Inn and another budget property.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
101 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: Where to stay??

Thanks everyone for the suggestions- I was able to find a place right on the mountain at the Canyons for $147 a night using expedia.

7. Re: Where to stay??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2011, 00:16