We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay

My husband and I are staying for just three nights in Park City and have no desire to sky. We would like to stay at a place with a balcony and a view of the mountains that is close to downtown. We will have a car so it doesn't have to be too close. We were looking at Newpark, Westgate, and Waldorf Astoria. Opinions? Advice? Suggestions?

Miami
Level Contributor
306 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay

You don't say when you are coming. The Sky Lodge is in downtown and they have a cool bar on the roof with great views.

Waldorf is nice but I don't think it really has great views. You might also look at the Montage in Deer Valley. You want a room with a down valley eastern view. There are some great views in that hotel. It is about two miles by car to downtown. I would stay there or the Sky Lodge but Montage has better views.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,725 posts
413 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay

As noted, Sky Lodge is a great spot downtown. I'm not sure there are balcony views. Waldorf actually has decent views and is at Canyons Resort. There are far better options to Westgate, including Grand Summit and Escala at Canyons. Another one to add to your list is Stein Eriksen Lodge.

Saint Louis...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay

Thanks for the advice. The Sky Lodge looks great, but is a little pricey.

I will be visiting at the end of May.

Park City, Utah
Level Contributor
502 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay

vrbo.com or tripadvisor.com for vacation rentals--you can probably get 2x the place at 1/3 the cost.

Miami
Level Contributor
306 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay

I don't know how much sense it makes to rent from an owner for just three nights on vrbo or other similar sites. Owners have the expense of a full housekeeping clean after each guest so short stays are frowned upon. (it costs the same for a cleaning irrespective if the stay was a short or longer one). We have a vrbo listing and wont rent for short stays. However, it is worth a try.

I definitely would prefer Sky Lodge or Steins first. They should have deals as that is slow season. You don't mention if you are coming Memorial Day, which might be a bit more.

If you do rent a vrbo unit, pick one near Main Street as that is where all the action is.

Staying at Steins or Sky Lodge, both of which are hotels, would be best. Steins has a great spa and great mountain views. Breakfast on the outside patio looking over Silver Lake is awesome. Either Steins or Sky Lodge is great for a three night stay. Steins has the best views and Sky Lodge has the best location to town. There must be deals at Steins that probably include breakfast. Have fun.

6. Re: where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 April 2011, 17:35
Park City, Utah
Level Contributor
502 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where to stay

I strongly disagree arrowleaf. FYI---I dont charge for cleaning in my vacation rental and either do hotels--its built into their cost of doing business, like it is mine. BTW---I have a 3 night minimum. Most hotel rooms dont have 4 LCDs, washer and dyer, a kitchen to die for stocked with everything needed to cook (spices, ketchup, mustard, mayo, sugar, flower), kids toys, Nintendo Wii, bbq gas grill, 100 DVD's, books to read for all ages, games for the kids and adults, and 1350 sq. feet, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths---find me hotel for that for $150.00-$165 a night (summer rates) in Park City, which includes all cleaning. 4 beds and a pull out queen couch. On the flipside, someone people just want a hotel room.

Saint Louis...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where to stay

Thanks for the advice about vrbo. I am looking at either Grand Summit or Westgate. It seems like Grand Summit has a better view and more mountainous location, but Westgate has more to do inside (the indoor pool, game room, etc.) if it rains. Which would you choose?

9. Re: where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 12:19