We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any local road problems bet. Quebec & Island Pond?

Brighton, Michigan
1 post
Any local road problems bet. Quebec & Island Pond?

I plan on coming in from Detroit through Montreal wednesday the 31st. Specifically,I-10, I-55, Hwy 105/5A.

Any info would be appreciated

1 reply
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
1. Re: Any local road problems bet. Quebec & Island Pond?

Hi YankeeWoodbutcher,

Welcome to the VERMONT TRAVEL FORUM

And I see that you are a Brand NEW Member of TripAdvisor… so a BIG Welcome Aboard as well !!

Regarding the Quebec portion of your Question…

TripAdvisor is organized like a Directory / Atlas from largest to smallest… Continent – Country – State / Province / Region – City / Town / Village.

For info on the Road Conditions in the Province of Quebec, here is the Ministry of Transportation’s Website = www.quebec511.gouv.qc.ca/en/etat_reseau/

I also suggest that you post your Question on the QUEBEC (La-Belle-Province) TRAVEL FORUM which is found here…

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g155025-i50-Quebec.…

So you can get first-hand info from some of the Local Advisors & Destination Experts in regards to the situation for Montreal... Autoroute 10 and Autoroute 55… The Eastern Townships like Vermont were hit pretty hard by Hurricane Irene… and both areas had severe Spring Flooding earlier this year… with some roads and bridges still being rebuilt at the time of this latest disaster.

Plan out your route… but with a trip that will take you thru the area so soon (Rivers are still cresting)… expect some delays and possible detours.

Take Care,

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Edited: 30 August 2011, 09:57
Reply to: Any local road problems bet. Quebec & Island Pond?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Island Pond