We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road trip advice

Dover, New Hampshire
3 posts
2 reviews
Road trip advice

Hi..We are traveling from Harrisonburg Pa to Nashville Nc. We want to go down the brm highway

But only the interesting parts. I've read some areas aren't that interesting and slow.

6 replies to this topic
Madison, WI
Level Contributor
10,344 posts
66 reviews
1. Re: Road trip advice

"brm highway"..do you mean the Blue Ridge Parkway and Nashville, NC near Rocky Mount? Just get on the BRP at Waynesboro, VA and take it down to US-60 at Lexington. US-60 east to Richmond and then down I-95 to Rocky Mount. I don't know who told you some parts aren't interesting. I've ridden and driven it more times than I can remember. The speed limit is 45mph, so you won't set any speed records. You want to enjoy it anyway.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Charlottesville, Virginia, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
22,207 posts
292 reviews
2. Re: Road trip advice

Please how many days / nights have you set aside for this road trip?

Richmond VA USA
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
3. Re: Road trip advice

The whole thing is slow. That's why people do it; because they want a slow leisurely drive. The "interesting" things are generally spread far apart. What are you interested in?

Dover, New Hampshire
3 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Road trip advice

Hi sorry.. it's wellsboro pa to Asheville nc...yes the blue ridge mountain parkway. We plan on taking 2 days to do it

Dover, New Hampshire
3 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Road trip advice

Call me crazy..its Harrisonburg va to Asheville nc.. I'm so sorry

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Charlottesville, Virginia, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
22,207 posts
292 reviews
6. Re: Road trip advice

Brenda,

> But only the interesting parts. I've read some areas aren't that interesting and slow.<

Please what are your interests / hobbies so we can assist you better on the forum?

Thank you,

Kesh_grammy

Reply to: Road trip advice
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Harrisonburg