We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Actual suite hotels?

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
145 posts
142 reviews
Actual suite hotels?

We've been coming to Lynchburg for a few years now - my daughter is a junior at LU. But this time our 17 yr old son may be bringing one of his buddies. So - we're looking for a true suite hotel - with two rooms ajoining , etc. Seems all of the hotels with suite in their names simply have a sitting area in the king bed room. Does anyone knows differently?

6 replies to this topic
Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
14,291 posts
3,307 reviews
1. Re: Actual suite hotels?

Residence Inn offers a suite, one Bedroom, and two Bedroom Suites with kitchen.

Sláinte

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
11,549 posts
153 reviews
2. Re: Actual suite hotels?

Sav antlll is the Residence Inn in Lynchburg finished??

Brookneal, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,726 posts
99 reviews
3. Re: Actual suite hotels?

There is not a Residence Inn in Lynchburg.

Roanoke, yes, Charlottesville, yes.

I'm sure that we would love to have one in the Burg, especially for college families.

Besides LU, there is Lynchburg College, Randolph College, and Sweet Briar, so there are times it is really challenging and expensive to find lodging.

I'm relatively local to the area (35 minutes away) and have searched and found nothing that is a suite with multiple bedrooms. The only lodging I know of that is a true suite scenario would be on campus at LU for graduation. They rent out whole apartments on campus east, reserved a looong time in advance.

When our son graduated from LU we were thankful to be close enough not to need to get rooms for the grandparents.

So, solution options...

You could always get adjoining traditional hotel rooms.

You could also look at Air BnB- there appear to be multiple options, some extremely close to campus ranging from $59 - $199 a night.

There is one "Getaway on Liberty Mountain" probably in those new apartments over near the medical school above campus that would be really close.

Yeah, I am not associated with any accommodations, just very familiar with the area. :)

Good luck- hope you find a great place to stay and enjoy your visit. Family weekend?

Edited: 13 September 2016, 12:05
Any Beach
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,549 posts
153 reviews
4. Re: Actual suite hotels?

JT I thought a Residence Inn was being built? Wards Rd. area?

Brookneal, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,726 posts
99 reviews
5. Re: Actual suite hotels?

Yes, they are constructing, but it is not completed or open yet.

It's pretty much still a lot of red dirt in a pile next to the mall.

I'll look again on Sunday, but for now we'll just say, they won't be taking any reservations for Autumn 2016. ;)

Any Beach
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,549 posts
153 reviews
6. Re: Actual suite hotels?

Thanks. That's what I thought.

Reply to: Actual suite hotels?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lynchburg