We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel ranking

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
4 posts
1,017 reviews
hotel ranking

Why can I no longer sort hotels by ranking

7 replies to this topic
Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Charlottesville, Virginia, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
22,136 posts
292 reviews
1. Re: hotel ranking

Tom B,

I suggest you post your inquiry on the Support Forum which should be able to answer your question.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12…

Kesh_grammy

Virginia
Level Contributor
6,829 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: hotel ranking

I see if you search Mt. Vernon hotels in the drop down box on the Mt. Vernon forum you get such a vast grouping of hotels that could serve the Mt. Vernon area visitor. Accommodations in Washington,DC, Springfield, Va, Alexandria's Old Town, Ft. Belvoir. An enormous range that may be difficult to compare to each other.

There may be other areas with the same situation but the ones I checked have the usual Ranker-Value-Prices-Distance options to click on.

So you might take a look at the Alexandria forum and see how that does for you.

Virginia
Level Contributor
6,829 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: hotel ranking

When you go to Alexandria and get the drop down and click on hotels, click then on the map. You'll see many many blue balloons for the hotels going even further south than Ft. Belvoir. Go down to the Mt. Vernon area and you'll see four or so hotels on the main road in that area.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
22,136 posts
292 reviews
4. Re: hotel ranking

Tom,

I do hope you had a look at the TA Support Forum, as you can see there were numerous glitches on different TA Sites, I also ended up with issues on TA sites.

There is also TripAdvisor General Support site to report problems, including using a Mobile App or Site.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/GeneralSupport

Kesh_grammy

Virginia
Level Contributor
6,829 posts
15 reviews
5. Re: hotel ranking

This is indeed interesting. I see the same hotels...and also checked on restaurants out of growing curiosity...in the Alexandria listings. Hotels and restaurants can be ranked in the Alexandria forum...but, while rated, they don't seem to be able to be ordered by ranking in the Mt. Vernon forum.

Guessing it could have something to do with Mt. Vernon being actually an unincorporated community....not even an unincorporated town. We lived there several years ago for several years. We would refer to the "Mt. Vernon area", but not that one lived in Mt. Vernon. One lived in Alexandria, Va. Perhaps close to Old Town, or the Fairfax Co part of Alexandria, or Southern Alexandria, or "near the Parkway" kind of thing. The postal address was always Alexandria, Va.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
22,136 posts
292 reviews
6. Re: hotel ranking

explorer,

I do find the Mount Vernon Inn restaurant listed on the Best of Mount Vernon site.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g57996-M…

Kesh_grammy

Edited: 07 November 2017, 15:29
Virginia
Level Contributor
6,829 posts
15 reviews
7. Re: hotel ranking

They're listed in Mt. Vernon...but don't seem to be ranked.

When there are so many, can be easier to have them ordered by rank. But a lot is personal choice anyway.

Reply to: hotel ranking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mount Vernon
More Mount Vernon Topics