We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Star Naxos to Piraeus

Dorset
Level Contributor
1,974 posts
46 reviews
Blue Star Naxos to Piraeus

Travelling on the 09.30 on 21 June, arriving Piraeus 15.00 - does it call at other islands en-route? If we caught the Airport Express bus, does it go near Monistraki - we're staying overnight at Hotel Plaka before going to the airport next day.

Ostend, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Argolis Region
Level Contributor
6,777 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: Blue Star Naxos to Piraeus

Only calls at Paros on the way to Piraeus.

The airport bus (X96) does not go near Monistiraki. From the quay where you arrive in Piraeus, you only have to cross the street to the metrostation. It's 20 minutes by metro to Monistiraki.

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
97 reviews
2. Re: Blue Star Naxos to Piraeus

Nicksy is correct. You need to take the Metro to Monastiraki and from there it is only a short walk to your hotel. See map here for directions https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Monastiraki+Metro+Station,+Athina,+Kentrikos+Tomeas+Athinon,+Greece/Plaka+Hotel+Athens,+Kapnikareas,+Athens,+Greece/@37.9756293,23.7265508,17.25z/am=t/data=!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x14a1bd22e5d70591:0xd5bc775c1c30cf05!2m2!1d23.7256256!2d37.9760854!1m5!1m1!1s0x14a1bd3d28a8b9c9:0x31fb4085fc40696f!2m2!1d23.7282736!2d37.9757587!3e2. You'll need to paste this link into you address bar as it hasn't worked properly or me.

Your best way to the airport next morning is to go back to Monastiraki and take the metro again. They start running before 6am and the journey time is about 40 minutes. Times here athensairporttaxi.com/metro/timetable-to-air…

Edited: 18 February 2017, 10:41
Dorset
Level Contributor
1,974 posts
46 reviews
3. Re: Blue Star Naxos to Piraeus

Thank you both for this - useful to know . Would prefer to travel overground as its many years since we were in Piraeus and would like to see some streetlife. Any idea how much a taxi would cost to Hotel Plaka please?

Ostend, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Argolis Region
Level Contributor
6,777 posts
24 reviews
4. Re: Blue Star Naxos to Piraeus

The metro from Piraeus to Monastiraki is mainly running above ground.

Here are the taxiprices from Piraeus Port: http://www.piraeusporttaxi.com/

Edited: 18 February 2017, 11:29
North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
97 reviews
5. Re: Blue Star Naxos to Piraeus

Although I haven't used a taxi for the journey there are fixed rates for this and several other destinations in and around Athens. This web page may prove a good starter for 10 for you. http://www.athensairporttaxi.com/

Having seen the above post by Nicksy I would discount a Piraeus taxi as the fixed rate there is about €15 more expensive than the Athens Centre rate.

Edited: 18 February 2017, 11:32
Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
8,718 posts
6. Re: Blue Star Naxos to Piraeus

I would certainly consider a taxi for more than one reason. I was thinking the daytime rate for port to Monastiraki would be about €25, and that's exactly what this web page shows: http://www.piraeusporttaxi.com

Dorset
Level Contributor
1,974 posts
46 reviews
7. Re: Blue Star Naxos to Piraeus

Thank you all. Looks like taxi at 25 € will be good.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
14,013 posts
15 reviews
8. Re: Blue Star Naxos to Piraeus

That ferry only stops at Paros.

I have stayed on that street, Mitropoleos, between Monastiraki and Syntagma square. Close to the Plaka hotel.

You could get the Metro to Monastiraki and walk there no problem. Also walkable to Syntagma Square for the Airport bus X95, however it is one of the few parts of Athens I know.

The X96 goes from Piraeus Port to the airport not near that part of Athens.

Melbourne,Australia
Level Contributor
949 posts
41 reviews
9. Re: Blue Star Naxos to Piraeus

We caught that ferry to Piraeus then the train to Monastiraki. From the ferry we simply followed the crowd to the station where we bought tickets from one of the machines.Just be watchful of your belongings. We wore money belts so there was one less thing to worry about. We got a seat on the train and the journey was uneventful. From Monastiraki it was an easy walk past the hotel where you are staying to our apartment on Adrianou street about 2 blocks away.

Dorset
Level Contributor
1,974 posts
46 reviews
10. Re: Blue Star Naxos to Piraeus

Another couple of questions: How long is the taxi journey from the port to Hotel Plaka (pm 21 June) and also from hotel to airport 23 June?

Edited: 09 May 2017, 04:00
Get answers to your questions about Naxos Town
Recent Conversations