We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat tours worth it?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
167 posts
1 review
Boat tours worth it?

Hello, we only have 3 nights in Naxos. I've heard the boat tours (captain panos and Naxos sailing) look like a lot of fun and have great reviews but am I missing out on seeing more of the town?

3 replies to this topic
Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
23,760 posts
43 reviews
1. Re: Boat tours worth it?

In my opinion - you don't only miss out more exploring of the town, but all of the unique island. Naxos is the largest of the Cyclades islands, and has so much to offer. Landscape, villages, archeological sites, some of the best beaches in Greece and much more. In addition to this - given the time - you also have the opportunity to visit neighbouring islands.

To give you an idea - look up this site and use the drop down menues:

http://www.naxos.gr/en/naxos/

You may also get en idea by looking up my albums:

http://tinyurl.com/my9fpkm

concord nh
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
54 reviews
2. Re: Boat tours worth it?

I agree with Greek-Traveler. It would take many days just to explore the island which is filled with wonderful sites, vistas, beaches, villages, mountains, centuries-old Byzantine Churches, great food and so much more.

We were there for 8 days and still could have stayed longer. We did, however, do a day cruise to Delos/Mykonos but we had the extra time . . . with 3 days you don't.

With your 3 nights I would recommend staying on land and explore the island. It's a great combination of Old & New World Greece.

Edited: 09 August 2017, 15:32
montreal
Level Contributor
760 posts
33 reviews
3. Re: Boat tours worth it?

We had 4 days and spent 1 day doing a day cruise around the island, it was pleasant, but nothing special. There wasn't much to see. We did one on Milos and it was exceptional because the landscape was spectacular.

Reply to: Boat tours worth it?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Naxos Town
Recent Conversations