We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

glaros hotel

boston
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
glaros hotel

I am having a hard time getting a response from this hotel. Will be traveling to Naxos at the beginning of June and would like to stay here. Any suggestions?

Old Town
Historic Sites, Neighbourhoods
Portara
Ancient Ruins
Kastro
Historic Sites, Neighbourhoods
Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
5,040 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: glaros hotel

Alex always responds to the info @ Glaros e mail address however at this time of year he may well be taking a last break before the season starts.

He told me that he checks his e mails every couple of days at this time of year so you should expect a response in the next day or so.

Why not go on the web site and get the phone number and call him. That will move you to the top of the list.

boston
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: glaros hotel

thanks for the response. I have decided to stay somewhere else as I had sent at least 5 e-mails and heard nothing.

ireland
Level Contributor
177 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: glaros hotel

i tried to call him as well but no answer. I want to book this hotel as well...hm...

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
6,120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: glaros hotel

Stanbr, I fear that praise has had a mixed result! All the (formerly well-deserved) praise of Glaros on this and other Greece travel forums has succeeded mainly, in the past several years, in making it very hard to book (he has taken some big groups), and a rise in rates as compared to the very similar Galini next door, and this seeming inability to get an answer to e-mails.

This example has made me worried about recommendations for other lodgings, fearing to trigger such results ... fortunately this has not been the case elsewhere.

Houston
Level Contributor
78 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: glaros hotel

I did have a good result by phoning Glaros although, alas, I neglected to consider the cost and paid almost $100US for several phone calls. I used both numbers listed on their website.

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
5,040 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: glaros hotel

Hey Jan.

I am very disappointed that Glaros has not been responding to e mail requests for reservations. That is just poor service.

The last time we were in Naxos, Alex told me that since Glaros was mentioned in the Michelin Guide a few years ago, it has averaged 95% occupancy from April right through to the end of Oct.

Glaros only has 13 rooms and back in Jan someone here posted that they were trying to book Glaros in early June and there were only two rooms available. That person booked them both.

Knowing that the hotel has such high occupancy rates I have stopped recommending Glaros and we toured several other hotels on St George beach such as Spiros, Galaxy and Naxos Resort Beach Hotel so that we could recommend other hotels.

I know you were able to find a hotel close to Glaros at a much cheaper price in June and we are looking forward to hearing your impression of that hotel as it appears to be a good alternative.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
6,120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: glaros hotel

Will do, stanbr ... but I was also referring to the next-door alternative(s) Hotel Galini-Sophia L - twin buildings that offer rooms similar to Glaros (tho not the top-floor "suite" of Glaros) AND also have amenities like a super breakfast buffet, free lobby internet, AND secure individual lobby safe arrangement. I do not believe its rates have increased by more than 5€ since I stayed there in 2006 May for about 35€,

8. Re: glaros hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 00:35