We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need a car?

Jkh
Washington DC
Level Contributor
380 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
need a car?

Do I really need a car in Naxos? I am the adventurous type and don't mind driving and I have an international drivers license, but please tell me if I would find a car convenient and if parking is easy or difficult and compare all the advantages to having a car to using public transportation.

Komotini, Greece
Level Contributor
2,849 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need a car?

In two minutes, you got two replies to your question on your other thread here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g189398-i192-k2767…

Have a look at what we suggested, and it would be great if you could answer the question about how long you'll be in each place.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,978 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need a car?

A car is advisable for exploring the island. It makes you independent of the public bus schedules, which can be inconvenient for the mountain villages etc. The public buses are mainly meant for catering for the locals, and the schedules in off the beaten path villages are adjusted to those commuting for work in town.

In town parking along the seafront can be very difficult. There is big parking lot next to the town hall. If you go via the main square you pick a narrow street to the right of restaurant Scirocco to get there (the street is to the left from the square), otherwise you may go gown the hill leading into town and have the street to the left at the bottom of the hill.

3. Re: need a car?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2009, 01:31