We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free minibus pick up drop around Naxos Town

London, United...
Level Contributor
945 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Free minibus pick up drop around Naxos Town

Read somewhere about this free bus service within Naxos Town. Wonder if anyone could elaborate on it. Route , times etc normal stuff like that. Thanks.

Old Town
Neighbourhoods, Historic Sites
Portara
Ancient Ruins
Kastro
Neighbourhoods, Historic Sites
Dorking
Level Contributor
552 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Free minibus pick up drop around Naxos Town

Glad it was a success.. We used buses and unusually didn't find the need or feasability for a car or motorbike ..too many steep hills and long distances.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
8 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Free minibus pick up drop around Naxos Town

We are in Naxos right now. When we arrived the other day, we (my husband, our 3 year old and I) began walking with our bags to our hotel in the St. George area. My 3 year old was starting to lose it so we stopped on the sidewalk to sit and take a break. A very friendly restaurant owner walked up and asked where we were going and if we wanted him to call for a minibus. I told him we hadn't hit the ATM yet so no thank you, we didn't have any money. He said, no problem...it's free. Sure enough, 5 minutes later a minibus arrived and drove us to our hotel! We tried to tip the driver but he refused!

This was 3 days ago. But I have no info on the minibus service...I just know it exists.

London, United...
Level Contributor
945 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Free minibus pick up drop around Naxos Town

That must be the Island's best kept secret! Even the office by bus station knew nothing about it.

Maybe if you have time you could try and obtain the telephone number.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,554 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Free minibus pick up drop around Naxos Town

Don't take it for being the service which has been denied earlier. Most likely someone who is friendly when he sees the family's condition.

Dorking
Level Contributor
552 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Free minibus pick up drop around Naxos Town

How lovely! The Greeks were hot on service with a smile when we were there.One guy in a cafe told us he had a hotel,a factory and agricultural land but he still couldn't make any money. Increasingly he said there was a need to offer free services to tourists( pick up and drop off in airports or ports) and the family had no money to travel to USA etc to see relatives. The young restaurant staff said it was usual to go and live in Athens but no one could have this rite of passage any more with the 'crisis'.

Dorking
Level Contributor
552 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Free minibus pick up drop around Naxos Town

Also the owners refused a tip when we were there even though they had given us a free drop off.

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,788 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Free minibus pick up drop around Naxos Town

Most accomodations in Naxos offers a free pick-up and return to the seaport or airport. It has been so for "always". But never a free public mini-bus service.

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
9 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Free minibus pick up drop around Naxos Town

There isn't a free minibus service. Its a publicity trick to get you to read about Ralph Lauren T-Shirts. Sorry.

Rosy002

29. Re: Free minibus pick up drop around Naxos Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2017, 00:16