We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finding an Electric Adapter in Naxos Town

Pleasanton...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Finding an Electric Adapter in Naxos Town

We left our US to European electric adapter behind at a hotel in Heraklion. This didn't effect our laptop or iPad, which had their own adapters. But our iPhone and camera rechargers were US only plugs. Found a shop in Naxos Town, with lots of small appliances - including US/UK to European adapters. Cost was 5 euros apiece, so we bought two.

The shop is easy to find in Naxos Town, even though all the signs are in Greek. It's toward the bottom of the seafront area (away from the ferry port), and then a couple blocks in on Sokratous Papavasiliou street. If you have internet access, get Google map directions to the "Coffee Island" shop (there's only one), and the electric shop is right across the street. If you can sound out Greek characters, the shop is called Electrika Sergis. Looks like HAEKTPIKA SEPTHS (with my apologies the people of Greece!)

Note 1: Sometimes a larger hotel than ours might loan you one.

Note 2: All our appliances accept 220volts or 110volts, The adapter won't change 220 into 110. Check the label on your gadget or appliance to be sure it can accept 220V before plugging it in, to avoid damaging your appliance. But you probably already knew that!

Old Town
Neighbourhoods, Historic Sites
Portara
Ancient Ruins
Kastro
Neighbourhoods, Historic Sites
Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,780 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Finding an Electric Adapter in Naxos Town

Thank you! It's good to know where to find things like that in an emergency. Last September when my iPad charger stopped working on Paros, I found a replacement at the Germanos store in Parikia. I'd be surprised if there isn't also a Germanos branch in Naxos Town.

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Finding an Electric Adapter in Naxos Town

I did the same trick 3 or 4 years ago. When I was on Donousa I managed to borrow one and then when I got to Naxos I found the same shop as you.

Edited: 01 June 2016, 07:42
UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Finding an Electric Adapter in Naxos Town

Just seen Heimdall's post now. There is a Germanos shop on the sea front in Naxos Town. Someone told me to go there but they directed me to the electrical shop that 47Drew went to

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,780 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Finding an Electric Adapter in Naxos Town

You may have got it cheaper in the shop you went to, and it's good to support local businesses.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,554 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Finding an Electric Adapter in Naxos Town

Here you find a Germanos shop in Naxos town in the hill leading in to port:

https://flic.kr/p/amVXh7

https://flic.kr/p/64VRm9

London, United...
Level Contributor
281 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Finding an Electric Adapter in Naxos Town

I once needed a UK to Greek electrical adaptor and I asked our host George at Windmill Studios whether he happened to have a spare one. He opened a cupboard and about 200 fell out. I guess it's the kind of thing people easily forget to take home 😀

7. Re: Finding an Electric Adapter in Naxos Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2017, 00:17