We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry Question and tips

Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry Question and tips

Sorry another ferry question. My husband and I are travelling to Mykonos via EasyJet on the 2nd July. We are then travelling on to Naxos. Alittle apprehensive as not done catching ferries after a flight before.

It looks like there's 2 possible ferry options: 15.20p.m. and 18.30 p.m.

Travelling on a Saturday on 2nd July - do you think it will be ok to get the ferry tickets on arrival in Mykonos incase of flight delays?

Do we just get a taxi and head to the port and purchase the tickets from a ticket office. Will they be open on a Saturday afternoon?

We are returning to Mykonos the day before our flight home on the 15th July and are just intending to get a ferry from Naxos on the 15th July as some point during the day. We've booked a hotel in Mykonos for one night.

We 've been to Mykonos before but not to Naxos and never travelled via a ferry so really looking forward to visiting a new island and having an adventure. We often rent a scooter and travel to different beaches so any tips whilst we are on Naxos would be really welcome. Thanks in advance for any tips and help.

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos
Mykonos
Cyclades, Greece
Naxos
Naxos
Cyclades, Greece
Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
23,283 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry Question and tips

Naxos albums

http://tinyurl.com/my9fpkm

Mentioned in this post
Naxos
Naxos
Cyclades, Greece
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
13,864 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry Question and tips

Hi,

It is a Saturday therefore ferries are likely to be busy. There are 3 larger ferries earlier in the day so buying tickets at the ports should be OK, however, no one can guarantee future availability.

15:20 Seajet 2 (Old port), 18:30 Masterjet(New port, Tourlos).

On an Easyjet flight you should be in plenty of time for the first ferry, I have used Easyjet before to Mykonos and they were on time. You have a Plan B for 18:30 so it's all good.

"Do we just get a taxi and head to the port and purchase the tickets from a ticket office. Will they be open on a Saturday afternoon?"

Yes, a taxi to the respective port. Port ticket office/huts are always open an hour before ferry departures, on any day/hour.

Your return will be no problem, you are doing the right thing going the day before, just buy tickets on Naxos.

I doubt if you will encounter any problems.

My only tip, is to have 1 week on Naxos and 1 week on Paros, just as easy on the ferries, both are excellent choices. maybe it will inspire you to go to other islands in the Cyclades. I always use the buses on both islands.

Mentioned in this post
Old Port
Old Port
177 Reviews
Mykonos, Greece
Mykonos
Mykonos
Cyclades, Greece
Naxos
Naxos
Cyclades, Greece
Paros
Paros
Cyclades, Greece
england
Level Contributor
788 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry Question and tips

Hi I'm in Naxos at the moment I got the blue star ferry from Santorini to Naxos and I'm getting a fast ferry from Naxos to Mykonos for my flight home. I know it's not the same route as your doing but I was very concerned and asked loads of questions on this sight before we came ( I'll proberbly ask loads more before I'm home) I got loads of advise and confirmation that my plans were viable and I must say as I'm doing it it's a lot easyer than I thought. All I'd say is leave plenty of time to get to travel between ports airports hotels and so on the traffic seams to vary greatly. I've also found that all though the buse system is very good it's not easy with lots of luggage like we had.Taxis to the port and airport seamed to go up a lot when they saw two women with a case and a hand luggage each. We managed to get round this by getting a transfer with the travel company that sold us our ferry ticket more than a bus a,most half of a taxi. Most of all enjoy 😀

Mentioned in this post
Naxos
Naxos
Cyclades, Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Mykonos
Mykonos
Cyclades, Greece
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry Question and tips

Thanks the photos look stunning

Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry Question and tips

Thanks for all of your help and advice. Reassures me lots. Thanks for taking the time to reply I really appreciate it.

Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry Question and tips

Hope you are having a lovely time in Naxos and Santorini. Thanks for reassuring me too. We are looking forward to an adventure

Mentioned in this post
Naxos
Naxos
Cyclades, Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferry Question and tips

Hi we are on Naxos at the moment , you will love it! Some apartment owners will pick you up from the ferry , you don't say whereabouts you are staying,e-mail your accommodation and ask, they can also pre book a taxi for you. As previous people have said bus service is good, car hire not scooter as the roads are very bad in some places, we paid 90 euros for 3 days! Much cheaper than some islands. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Mentioned in this post
Naxos
Naxos
Cyclades, Greece
8. Re: Ferry Question and tips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2017, 01:17
Get answers to your questions about Naxos Town
Recent Conversations