We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry to naxos

Workington, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry to naxos

Hi I am traveling to naxos on Sunday, land in Athens at 12.30 pm, have been told our ferry is at 17.30, just wondering if there will be a earlier one now the season is starting?

Also is it best to buy the return ticket at the same time.

Was thinking of getting the bus from the airport is this a good idea..?

Also are the ticket office easy to find.

Sorry lots of question, first time doing the ferry crossings

Thanks for any advice

Desford, United...
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry to naxos

You can check ferry times at www.gtp.gr I don't think there will be an earlier one but you can check.

You don't need to buy a return ticket, I would wait until you are on Naxos. Its easier then to check the options available to you.

Bus from the airport is the easiest way to go. You buy the 6 euro ticket from a kiosk as you exit form arrivals. Make sure you validate the ticket as you get on the bus.

You can, for a small commission, buy your ferry ticket from the agencies in arrivals at the airport if you wish. Purchases are cash only, there are plenty of ATMs if you need to get some euros. Make sure the ATM transaction is in euros not GBP.

If not the 17.30 departure is Blue Star and their ticket office is next to their departure point, you won't miss it.

Edited: 02 June 2016, 11:01
Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
486 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry to naxos

As far as getting the bus from the airport goes - depends on your budget and whether travelling in relative comfort is important. I find the bus journey to be pretty uncomfortable - but it costs 6 euros per person (you don't say how many are travelling) as opposed to approx 50 euros in a taxi (up to 4 pax I believe) - may have to pay a bit extra for luggage.

Workington, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry to naxos

Thank you, that's a great help, we're just find a travera and chill. Just two of us travelling and already need to get a taxi at the other end as we're stopping in mountsouna, so we're suffer the bus☺thank you both for

Replying

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry to naxos

Was a better idea to stay for at least one night in athens but your choice..

Other than ofcourse enjoying what Athens can offer.. you can also find and buy direct tickets from many travel agencies with different timetables for ferries.

Why not try direct flight from athens airport..aegean airlines have many cheap..

Workington, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry to naxos

We are staying on the way back for a night, can not be in Athens and not stay ☺

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry to naxos

..just to note, all ferry schedules/timetables for all ferries can be found at www.gtp.gr/ already mentioned.. as well as at www.openseas.gr/ :-) Enjoy all!

7. Re: Ferry to naxos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2017, 01:17
Get answers to your questions about Naxos Town
Recent Conversations